Author Topic: Edward Hayes 1818 - 1849?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Wrexthedragon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Hayes 1818 - 1849?
« on: Monday 03 April 17 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have hit a brick wall (as you do) this time when researching Edward Hayes  ???. He married Frances Griffiths in 1844 but by 1851 she was widowed with children. She went on to remarry and have more children.  This line I can find but not Edward Hayes!
I’ve seen a death and Flintshire burial in 1849 showing an Edward Hayes age 31 (although I have not seen the detail to this record). This would make his birth year 1818 +/- a year.
I cannot find any record in any 1841 census. To my knowledge the family had always lived in Flintshire (Hope/Leeswood area).
Edward was a collier and his father was Thomas Hayes (labourer) - both facts (per Edward’s marriage certificate).
Any help would be appreciated  :)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Hayes 1818 - 1849?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 April 17 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hope in the 1841 Census may well have been included in the Wrexham area of Denbighshire.unfortunately though,the entire 1841 Census for the Wrexham area,apart from a part of Wrexham itself is listed as missing.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 April 17 08:57 BST (UK) »
From Family Search:- Eward (sic) Hayes, age 20, living in Northop, Flintshire, in a household headed by Phebe Lloyd, age 70. It appears to be some form of group living establishment - several different surnames, not apparently related.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 April 17 09:21 BST (UK) »
Free Reg has the following entry:- Edward Hayes, s/o Thomas and  Margaret, baptised  Beaumaris, Anglesea,  3 Dec 1820.

Date and location a bit out so probably entirely coincidental but I have been unable to find a matching entry  for him in 1841.

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 April 17 09:29 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast (baptismal images)
Edward Hayes, bap 4 April 1819, son of Thomas, occpn. labourer, and Elizabeth, abode Brymbo, place Parish of Hope

Also, John, baptised 6 Jan 1822, son of Thomas, labourer and Elizabeth, abode Brymbo, place Parish of Hope

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 April 17 09:35 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast (baptismal images)
Edward Hayes, bap 4 April 1819, son of Thomas, occpn. labourer, and Elizabeth, abode Brymbo, place Parish of Hope

Also, John, baptised 6 Jan 1822, son of Thomas, labourer and Elizabeth, abode Brymbo, place Parish of Hope

More evidence that he was indeed living in the Wrexham area in 1841.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 April 17 10:45 BST (UK) »

More evidence that he was indeed living in the Wrexham area in 1841.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Hope and Leeswood are missing from 1841 - also much of the greater Wrexham area, as William has said.  For full lsit of missing pieces see:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/census-for-england-wales-and-scotland-missing-pieces

I've looked through the transcripts of the parts of Wrexham town  that were saved but nothingthere.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Wrexthedragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 03 April 17 12:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your replies so far in such a short space of time  :)
Does anyone have access to the Flintshire burial records of 1849 to see what information they may hold? Parish and Abode??
Many thnaks

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your replies so far in such a short space of time  :)
Does anyone have access to the Flintshire burial records of 1849 to see what information they may hold? Parish and Abode??
Many thnaks

North Wales BMD shows that Edward was living in the Hope Sub District when he died and that the Death Certificate is held locally at Wrexham.

Regards
Willam Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire