Author Topic: LOCAL HISTORY DAY 2017 Event at North Shields Library in May  (Read 1011 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LOCAL HISTORY DAY 2017 Event at North Shields Library in May
« on: Monday 03 April 17 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

The North Shields library are holding their 'Local History Day' on Saturday 13th May between 10 am and 4 pm.  I went to this last year and this was fantastic so I would really highly recommend this to family historians and it is a FREE event! :D  Last year I really enjoyed talking to the Great War groups people who had stalls there and the Lifeboat stall, etc.  I took along my Great Uncle John's Great War commemoration plaque which was photographed by the North East War Memorial  Project people who were there, for their website.  This is a great opportunity to both give and receive information. :)

This is the information on their flyer for the event:

'Local History Day 2017 will feature local interest talks by well-known speakers, regional songs, author book signings, family history taster sessions, a poster exhibition, and a wide range of interesting tables and stalls.
Come along to North Shields Library for a fun-filled day of local Discovery.
Free Event
For Further information:
Telephone: (0191) 643 5270
Email: discover@northtyneside.gov.uk'

So don't forget to put this date in your diaries - you will be so glad you did!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner