Author Topic: Grandmother  (Read 14233 times)

Offline Nemoto

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 19:34 BST (UK) »
Adding to the discussion on Arthur O'Donnell and Ann Slaven. From the 1901 Scotland Census, eldest daughter Mary has married Alexander Drummond.
Mary Drummond  Age 28,  b. abt 1873, Wife  b. Ireland
Spouse's Name Alex Drummond
Registration Number  644/3  Registration district  Dennistoun
Glasgow Dennistoun, County  Lanarkshire
56 Dunchattan St
ED 40; Household schedule number  179; Line 16; Roll CSSCT1901_274
Household Members
Alex Drummond  28
Mary Drummond 28
Catherine Drummond  3
Annie Drummond  Age1
They later emigrated to the USA, Alex first, Mary & children a year after. On arrival in Boston 9 May 1910 w/ six children, Mary cited closest relative abroad as mother Mrs. O'Donnell at 48 Birkenshaw St., Denistown [Dennistoun], Glasgow; thus Ann was likely alive, but perhaps father Arthur was deceased.

Offline Oranges

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 19:44 BST (UK) »
That's great thanks, it ties in, your right Arthur I think was dead but can't find out when or death cert, I think Anne died in 1922 , if I can locate Arthur's death cert I can then see who his mother was and restart O'Donnell search in Donegal, I was wondering if there's no death record in Glasgow had he returned to Ireland , maybe on a visit and died there.

But thanks for info that's great

Offline Oranges

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 19:53 BST (UK) »
Also I must apologise if I gave wrong info before, it seems more than likely that my great great grandfather John O'Donnell was in fact from Donegal possibly Donegal town and not from limerick and not married to hanora Dawson, in fact I'm trying to find out who he was married to.

Sorry for any inconvenience in my defence it's hard when you don't know where to start and your hopeless on computers

Offline Oranges

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday 26 June 19 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, a lot of people have been helping me trace relatives, I've now found out susan O'Donnell married Hugh Cameron and although she died in 1962 aged 70 years and the informant was her son also Hugh, she died 14/5/62 at the royal infirmary Glasgow Orr street , does anyone know anything about Hugh Cameron or indeed is he still alive or any children

Thanks