Author Topic: James Mechesny-Margaret Hughes Marriage  (Read 688 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
James Mechesny-Margaret Hughes Marriage
« on: Monday 03 April 17 23:53 BST (UK) »
James Mechesny apparently married a Margaret Hughes at Bailieboro Cavan Ireland in 1860.I've heard a whisper that this Margaret may have been my relative born in Bagillt Flintshire Wales in 1839.Obviously I'd like some proof?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Mechesny-Margaret Hughes Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
There is a Civil cert
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jv6/
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jv7/
But the image isn't online yet
If you want to get a research cert for €4
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/civil-records/help/i-want-to-get-a-copy-of-a-certificate-what-do-i-do
Or you could wait until it comes online.

As its 1860 it will be COI

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 00:46 BST (UK) »
Marriage extract (24 Apr.1860) gives her father as Joseph Hughes-
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGF8-18R

daughter Mary born 1865 (civil registration of births started 1864)
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F51X-TRP

As its 1860 it will be COI
Certainly non-Catholic if civil record before 1864 but Registry Office, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc. are other possibilities
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 08:24 BST (UK) »
Many thanks,it looks promising that her father was given as Joseph Hughes.of course I'm curious as to how she came to be in Ireland?Also I'm thinking its a shame that there isn't as general the coverage in Ireland as there is in England or Wales record wise.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 09:12 BST (UK) »
Hopefully before too long the marriage certificate will be online to view (free) which is certainly better than English/Welsh records.

Not sure what other details you expect to find but Irish certificates contain the same detail as English/Welsh ones so will not list place of birth or age (unless underage). Father's occupation and names of witnesses might be of use.

She, or her father, could have come to Ireland for employment- it would have been very easy to get train from Chester to Holyhead and then ferry across of go by boat from Liverpool.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hopefully before too long the marriage certificate will be online to view (free) which is certainly better than English/Welsh records.

Not sure what other details you expect to find but Irish certificates contain the same detail as English/Welsh ones so will not list place of birth or age (unless underage). Father's occupation and names of witnesses might be of use.

She, or her father, could have come to Ireland for employment- it would have been very easy to get train from Chester to Holyhead and then ferry across of go by boat from Liverpool.

Thanks,assuming it is her she must have gone across to Ireland in the late 1850's as she is at home in 1851.Though there is one sister of Margaret's of whom I have no further info,there is no other info as yet linking the family with Ireland.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire