Author Topic: Asyburn or Ashburn Foulford Place Cowdenbeath  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Asyburn or Ashburn Foulford Place Cowdenbeath
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 April 17 03:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelly,

EDITED With permission from Shelly to use names rather than initials as I was unsure at the time of posting what was/wasn't okay in terms of full names.........

There are a couple of things not adding up with this case which makes it rather difficult to piece together.

I have looked at the death cert. 1917

Unfortunately you have misread what it actually says  :)

I will use initials just incase you don't want names posted.

Elizabeth Gray Hood Bennet(t) died at Fife & Kinross District Asylum & Registered in Cupar (Fife) which is known now as Stratheden Hospital.

So not 'Asyburn or Ashburn' as you thought & not in Cowdenbeath.

The following text (underneath where it says she died) reads;

Usual Residence, Foulford Place, Cowdenbeath.

The name of the deceased doesn't match fully with the name given when her daughter was born, she has omitted the last 2 initials H & B which leaves a ? for now but not discounting it in the circumstances ::)

However, when Elizabeth Gray Hood Bennet(t) died she was 20 yrs old & single in 1917

The 1911 you have, has Elizabeth Gray (with no H B), she's aged 13 with her Married mother named Elizabeth Gray too.

The name of her mother on her death cert. is completely different & her name is Beatrice Hood formerly Bennet(t) maiden surname Hood so she was using her maiden surname of Hood when Elizabeth Gray Hood Bennet(t) died.

The address for the 1911 is Kirkcaldy Combination Poorhouse, Kinghorn (Fife)
Maintained by Kirkcaldy, Dysart, Burntisland, Kinghorn Parish Councils (Fife)

At the moment, I'm of the opinion the Elizabeth Gray Hood Bennet(t) who died in 1917 is not the same person as the one on the 1911 until I know more.

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"