Author Topic: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information  (Read 50516 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 06 April 17 17:23 BST (UK) »
Latitia Daly, Md. 1760, Henry Bingham, of Newbrook, Co. Mayo, + 1790.
A1. John Bingham, 1st Baron Clanmorris of Newbrook (1800), M.P., * 1762, + 1821, Md. 1791, Hon. Anne Maria Yelverton, * 1775, + 1865, d. of Barry Yelverton, 1st Viscount Avenmore.

B1. Charles Barry Bingham, 2nd Baron Clanmorris of Newbrook, * 1796, + 1829, Md. 1816, Sarah Lambert, d. of Walter Lambert, of Castle Lambert, Co. Galway.
    B2. Denis Arthur Bingham, 3rd Baron Clanmorris of Newbrook, * 1808, + 1847, Md. 1825, Maria Helena Persse, + 1899 (aged 96), d. of Robert Persse, of Roxborough, Co. Galway.
        C1. John Charles Robert Bingham, 4th Baron Clanmorris of Newbrook, * 1826, + 1876, Md. 1849, Sarah Selina Persse, + 1907, d. of Burton Persse, of Moyode Castle, Co. Galway.
            D1. John George Barry Bingham, 5th Baron Clanmorris of Newbrook, * 1852, + 1916, Md. 1878, Matilda Catherine Maude Ward, + 1941, d. of Robert Edward Ward, of Bangor Castle, Co. Down.
                E1. Arthur Maurice R
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 06 April 17 17:50 BST (UK) »
Denis Arthur Bingham, Hon., * 1829, + 1897, Md. 1864, Eugenie Colette Gabriele de Lacretelle, of Burgundy, France, + 1893.

D1. Jeanne Aimée Bingham, of Paris, France.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 06 April 17 18:09 BST (UK) »
Absentee

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 06 April 17 18:29 BST (UK) »
Scotland's People

Denis Arthur Bingham married Maria Helena Persse on 1 May 1825 in the Parish of Portpatrick

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 08 April 17 02:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help ... unfortunately the Major Denis I'm after was the father of the Anne who married the Robert Augustus 's (his brother Henry's son) ... the families did live at Bingham Castle. I believe Major Denis birth has to be around 1760 ish ... Shaen family was two generations prior to Major Denis (his grandfather John (about 1738 married Francis Elizabeth Shaen - heiress to Shaen Estates)

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 08 April 17 02:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark
Your thread on Denis Arthur married to Maria Persse is correct however I believe he is son to John (married to Yelverton). John (1762 - 1821) was a brother to Major Denis as was Henry (1743? - 1789)
Thanking you

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 08 April 17 09:00 BST (UK) »
:) I am a Robert Bingham, son of Robert Roland, my Grandfather Robert John came to Australia in 1911and was a son of Arthur Shaen Bingham of Doolough Lodge whose father was William Bingham Esq of Bay View near Binghamstown.
I have found court proceedings including William's father Major Denis and him defending libel charges from Rev Lyons in Dublin in 1830's however I still can not find William's birth information ie DOB, place of birth and Mother etc.
I have found that Major Denis was officially only to have daughters however he worked closely with William for many years until his own death in 1842.
Any directions to William's details would be appreciated
Bob
If you look at the lines you will see they were MP's etc and some of them married in England.

There is "William of Philadelphia" who was US Congressman etc, and died in Somerset, can he be the William you're looking for?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 08 April 17 09:07 BST (UK) »
If you look at the lines you will see they were MP's etc and some of them married in England.
There is "William of Philadelphia" who was US Congressman etc, and died in Somerset, can he be the William you're looking for?

William's father was William Bingham, a saddler and merchant in Philadelphia-
http://www.archives.upenn.edu/people/1700s/bingham_wm.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 08 April 17 09:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks but sadly no ... my William Bingham Esq spent his life in and around the Belmullet Peninsula assisting the management of Major Denis Bingham's estates from about 1790s through to 1860s, I believe his son was my g grandfather Arthur Shaen Bingham of Doolough Lodge (Arthur "gentleman" "landowner"confirmed on 1901 and 1911 census search and on all his children's birth entries in Belmullet)
William appears alongside Maj Denis in a famous libel Dublin court proceeding in 1833 as reported in Dublin newspapers. He is listed as "son but not in law" I assume an "illegitimate son"
I will chase the USA link in case ... again any assistance welcomed