Author Topic: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information  (Read 50876 times)

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information
« Reply #261 on: Monday 25 June 18 04:11 BST (UK) »
Hi John
At last a reliable internet location ... been travelling OZ this last two months
Again thanks for the information. I didn't have Susan as a sister of Arthur Shaen Bingham, I have William (Willy) who went to OZ in 1860, Anne who married into the Rowan family, Ellen , Houston , Matilda who married McLaughlin and settled in USA, and Dina who married Lavelle and also went to USA to Ohio ...
Could you fill me in on your line from Susan so I can include the information on my spreadsheet.
You mentioned a photograph of Arthur Shaen Bingham, love to see it
Until next time .. Kind regards Bob 

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Monday 25 June 18 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi john  ...
Again oops ... I read your last as Arthur's sister but should have read daughter ... The information I have puts Arthur Shaen bingham's sons and daughters as follows: Samuel Bingham (1859-1946) married cousin Matilda sailed to Chicago, Jane Bingham (1862-1934) married John Claxton lived at Dysart House, Ellie Bingham (1863-1950) lived at Doolough Lodge (Spinster), Arthur Bingham (1866-1911?) married Margaret Bury lived in Dublin, Denis Bingham (1867-1938) married Ursela Eager lived at Doolough Lodge, Robert John (1889-1869) died as infant, my Robert John Bingham (1871-1933) married Sarah Allen in Sydney, and Annie Matilda Bingham (1875-1919) married William Shaw..... I have no Susan .... do you have a link I don't have.
Till next reply .. Kind regards Bob Bingham

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Monday 25 June 18 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark ... been a while .. yes I did contact AirB&B but a dead end ... I will still be going to Ireland in a year or two but will tour in a motorhome instead .. there's so much for us to explore both in Ireland and other links into Dorset UK ... Still sourcing William's mother and Maj Denis link ... have memoranda land gifts from Maj Denis Bingham and Arthur Houston upon William Bingham marriage to Maria Houston but that is the only proof of a rather type link... kind regards Bob

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Monday 25 June 18 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark ... been a while .. yes I did contact AirB&B but a dead end ... I will still be going to Ireland in a year or two but will tour in a motorhome instead .. there's so much for us to explore both in Ireland and other links into Dorset UK ... Still sourcing William's mother and Maj Denis link ... have memoranda land gifts from Maj Denis Bingham and Arthur Houston upon William Bingham marriage to Maria Houston but that is the only proof of a rather type link... kind regards Bob

Hi Bob – I appear to have lost the Australian branch of the family…sorry about that!!!  ???
My records are from some newspaper cuttings (obituaries etc) and notes my parents made when they were trying to interest us in the family history some years ago. I wonder if Mother didn’t realise there were two Robert Johns?
I have Arthur Shean Bingham family as follows:
Annie – My parents new her decendents
Ellen - Unmarried
Dennis -Married Ursula, no family
Susan Maria* b.1864 – Married John Hinchliff, moved to Yorkshire.
Jane – Married John Claxton (As a small boy I knew their son also Arthur - see photo)
Arthur – Married Margaret Bury (As a small boy I met their son Bev Bingham)
Robert John – Died at 2 months.
Samuel – Chicago
Robert John – Your branch – I have no record of at all.

*Susan Maria Bingham b. 8th March1856 / married 21st October 1879 / died 7th April 1932

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Monday 25 June 18 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hi John
At last a reliable internet location ... been travelling OZ this last two months
Again thanks for the information. I didn't have Susan as a sister of Arthur Shaen Bingham, I have William (Willy) who went to OZ in 1860, Anne who married into the Rowan family, Ellen , Houston , Matilda who married McLaughlin and settled in USA, and Dina who married Lavelle and also went to USA to Ohio ...
Could you fill me in on your line from Susan so I can include the information on my spreadsheet.
You mentioned a photograph of Arthur Shaen Bingham, love to see it
Until next time .. Kind regards Bob

Photo of John Claxton's grave, wife Jane and son Arthur who I remember seeing when I was a small boy.
Photo of Arthur Shean Bingham (seated) with my GGrandfather John Hinchliff. No date but I wondered if it was when John married Susan Bingham October 1879?

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 04:45 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Thanks for the photos, I have been looking for Arthur Shaen's Grave for a long time and his photo is great. I'll place your information into my research ... good to have another member of the family to fit into the jigsaw, I'll try to send you a spreadsheet attachment including our line in OZ. Susan's marriage prior to 1901 Census maybe why I have missed her. Robert John my Grandfather had a daughter Jean and a son Robert Roland my father, who married a teacher Daphne McMahon and had two sons Myself and Peter and a daughter Michelle. I married M T and had two sons S and B ... S is married to a japanese girl S and has lived in O Japan for many years  he has two children (our grandchildren)  ... he races, builds and exports performance vehicles all over the world. My son B is in the army and is an avionics technician working on choppers and drones. M and I have been retired for over ten years now and travel extensively. One of my brothers sons is an electrician and his family has lived in London for over ten years.... anyway enough for now ....  cheers and welcome ... Bob
OOPS .. can't send an excel sheet ...

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 04:59 BST (UK) »
Hi John ... a thought ... John looks a bit older than at his marriage to Susan when she was 15 or 16.
I didn't realise that Jane called her son Arthur Shaen. Do you have any details on my great grandfather's Arthur Shaen Bingham  gravesite. ... again thanks Bob

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 06:07 BST (UK) »
Oops again .... sorry John ... Susan was 24 at marriage to John so you may be right on timeframe of the photo of Arthur and John ...regards Bob

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi John ... a thought ... John looks a bit older than at his marriage to Susan when she was 15 or 16.
I didn't realise that Jane called her son Arthur Shaen. Do you have any details on my great grandfather's Arthur Shaen Bingham  gravesite. ... again thanks Bob

Morning Bob - our ancestors don't appear to have had much imagination with forenames as the same names are repeated generation after generation!
Arthur Shaen Bingham's obituary just states that the funeral cortege went from Doolough to Belmullet, however his wife's obituary refers to "The Protestant Cemetery" Belmullet. Can we assume they were buried together?
Arthur's mother, Mrs Maria Houston Bingham, obituary refers to her as "the relict" (widow) of William Bingham of Bay View House, she died at Doolough but was buried at Cross Cemetery. There appears to be a New Cross Cemetery now but the old one I think is on the coast, west of Binghamstown
Unfortunately Google Maps has that area (West of Binghamstown) under cloud!!! #
Kind regards
John