Author Topic: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information  (Read 52153 times)

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Thanks for the photos, I have been looking for Arthur Shaen's Grave for a long time and his photo is great. I'll place your information into my research ... good to have another member of the family to fit into the jigsaw, I'll try to send you a spreadsheet attachment including our line in OZ. Susan's marriage prior to 1901 Census maybe why I have missed her. Robert John my Grandfather had a daughter Jean and a son Robert Roland my father, who married a teacher Daphne McMahon and had two sons Myself and Peter and a daughter Michelle. I married M T and had two sons S and B ... S is married to a japanese girl S and has lived in O Japan for many years  he has two children (our grandchildren)  ... he races, builds and exports performance vehicles all over the world. My son B is in the army and is an avionics technician working on choppers and drones. M and I have been retired for over ten years now and travel extensively. One of my brothers sons is an electrician and his family has lived in London for over ten years.... anyway enough for now ....  cheers and welcome ... Bob
OOPS .. can't send an excel sheet ...
Our branch gets complicated. Susan married John Hinchliff from Yorkshire, there are family stories of how they met. One of their sons was a butcher/in the meat trade and traveled to Ireland with work where he met........Emily Claxton, cousin (?) of Jane & John. They married and moved back to Yorkshire, but returned to Ireland to take over the farm when Emily's brother emigrated to Canada in the early1900's.

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Your line is an interest to us . We have several cuttings and birth and marriage certificates back to Arthur also that we will send on later. Have sent you our spreadsheet for perusual. Late evening here in OZ catch up again soon
Regards
Bob

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi John .. Thanks for your cemetery assistance ... I have similar info but on Google Maps etc Old Cross and Protestant Cemetery in Bulmullet is still hiding from us .. may have to go there in person to explore .. again thanks ... off to bed now .. catch up tomorrow Bob

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 13:38 BST (UK) »
Cross Abbey Graveyard Headstones
This very old graveyard is situated on a hill in the grounds of the Cross Abbey ruins and is surrounded by the Atlantic ocean on three sides.  It commands spectacular views of a beautiful sandy beach to the south-west, and several small islands (including Inishglora) about a mile away.  It is just a few hundred yards west of the new Cross cemetery and a few more hundred yards from the old Belderra graveyard.

Most of the graves have no legible markers or the headstones are too old and weathered to be read.

Number of headstones:    60+ legible headstones
Date range:                    1830 to 1975 (observed)
Recorded:                       all legible headstones photographed June 2013

No Binghams!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 17:18 BST (UK) »
This very old graveyard is situated on a hill in the grounds of the Cross Abbey ruins and is surrounded by the Atlantic ocean on three sides.  It commands spectacular views of a beautiful sandy beach to the south-west, and several small islands (including Inishglora) about a mile away.  It is just a few hundred yards west of the new Cross cemetery and a few more hundred yards from the old Belderra graveyard.

Most of the graves have no legible markers or the headstones are too old and weathered to be read.

Number of headstones:    60+ legible headstones
Date range:                    1830 to 1975 (observed)
Recorded:                       all legible headstones photographed June 2013

No Binghams!!

Thanks Hallmark - I was over in Belmullet and Binghamstown a few years ago but didn't explore that far........Next time!

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
This very old graveyard is situated on a hill in the grounds of the Cross Abbey ruins and is surrounded by the Atlantic ocean on three sides. 

No Binghams!!

Hi Hallmark

I have found a reference in my notes to "Kilcommon Erris Cemetry" as a possible burial site for Arthur Shean Bingham. Do you have any information on this burial site?
Thanks
John

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 19:08 BST (UK) »
I don't... there was the g/stone posted from some Cemetery, somewhere. 

is this him?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Connaught

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 22:51 BST (UK) »
I don't... there was the g/stone posted from some Cemetery, somewhere. 

is this him?

No, that's Daughter and Son-in-law buried in Maryborough/Port Laoise.

Thanks
John