Author Topic: Where was he in 1901? Scarborough query  (Read 744 times)

Offline slf28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where was he in 1901? Scarborough query
« on: Wednesday 05 April 17 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm trying to locate Edward Murdy in the 1901 census. He was born c1832 and lived most of his life in Scarborough. I've got him on England census's for 1841 (Durham), 1851 (West Sandgate, Scarboro'), 1861 (Chapman's yard, Scarboro'), 1871 (Dumple St, Scarboro'), 1881 (Dumple St, Scarboro') and 1891 (Dumple St, Scarboro') but nothing for 1901. He died in Oct 1910 and according to his will, was living in Castle Road, Scarborough. His wife Eliza and his 3 sons had all died by 1901 and his daughter was married and living in Leics so no help there. I've also tracked his sisters (Maria in Dumple St and Rosana in Whitby) to no avail. What would happen if he was in hospital? or did he just get missed off? Is it possible to check electoral registers? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hood, Walker, Gibbons, Welch, Murdy, Male, Webb, Martin, Gostling, Easthope, Maddocks
Mostly from in and around the Birmingham area

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where was he in 1901? Scarborough query
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
I think (On A*try) he's transcribed as:

Edward Muray

4531/138/36

Maureen

Offline slf28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where was he in 1901? Scarborough query
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
MaureeninNY, you are a superstar! That also helps me on another couple of queries as well regarding the grand-daughters, thank you so much. Don't you just love transcription errors; I posted a couple of others that have hindered my search on another thread earlier.
Hood, Walker, Gibbons, Welch, Murdy, Male, Webb, Martin, Gostling, Easthope, Maddocks
Mostly from in and around the Birmingham area