Author Topic: Rapley / Soper Family NSW  (Read 3071 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Rapley / Soper Family NSW
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 June 17 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine,
  You should remove any details about people who may be still alive - to protect them from identity theft and other frauds.  Just hit modify and backspace over their names.

You can pm details to derekjwatson.  Just click on the circle under his name containing  a letter/page and it will open a new window into which you can type a personal message

I'm sure he will be grateful for this new info  :)

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Chris Frater

• RootsChat Senior
  • Alexander Frater & Penelope Hay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 June 17 22:47 BST (UK) »
Ty  Rosball have changed it now :)
UK, Scotland and Australia: <br />Surnames: Card : Frater : McKillop-Davies : Gurr : Williams : Russell : Davies : Pitt/Pitts : Sutton: McKillop: Pickering: Limburner: Jackson: Brown: Glover: Wright: Rapley

Offline Mad Dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek,

I'm distantly related to the family and found this thread quite by accident. "Old Mrs Rap" (there have been newer ones since) passed away many years ago (late 70's, early 80's from memory).  She had 2 sons - at least one of whom is alive and well in Tamworth (not sure about the other son).

You will probably find more about Old Mrs Rap by following the clues above (ie the telephone book is your friend).

For what it's worth, Pam Soper passed away some years ago. Garnet (I always knew him as "Garney", but perhaps the name should be pronounced as the French would?) was still going a year ago, although suffering the effects of a stroke and dementia.  Last reported, he was being cared for by his daughter.  He also has a son living in Sydney.  If you google the name and "SMH" (the major Sydney newspaper, you should find a link to an article about the daughter caring for Garnet.

Offline Mad Dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 18:39 BST (UK) »
I see  another poster has Mary(Mae?) Watson (Old Mrs Rap) passing away in Feb 1994.  I won't argue with that, but am a bit surprised.  I guess she dropped out of sight in a nursing home in her later years.

Yes, she was born in Scotland  and even when I last saw her, spoke with a very thick Scottish brogue - enough that unless you were used to her, you had to stop and think about what she had said.

Derek, is this personal enquiry (I notice both you and Mary are Watsons) or work-related?  Some of the Rapleys made their way to Scotland a few years back to look up lost relatives.  I'm surprised that anyone in Scotland related to Old Mrs Rap wasn't aware of this.