Author Topic: Baptism William Flynn - St Mary's Roman Catholic Parish, Boherbue, County Cork,  (Read 2366 times)

Offline johnreese1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I really appreciate all of your help on the Flynn family from Boherbue, County Cork.  I guess I still will not be able to crack this one, but will keep plugging away. From all of the info found on them in the US, nothing that tells me where.  The only reason I believe it could be Cork is my father told me that is what his grandmother told him and his great grandfather was a Stevedore in Milwaukee so I figure he most have learned some of that trade while living in Cork, but just speculation.  Thank you for your help. - John Reese

Offline Debbie Colson-McCarthy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism William Flynn - St Mary's Roman Catholic Parish, Boherbue, County Cork,
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 June 20 03:14 BST (UK) »
The David Flynn mentioned who married Ellen Roche is possibly my 3x great grandfather's brother. My 3x great grandfather was Thomas Flynn and my 3x gr grandmother Honora (Nora) Keefee. Their son Michael Flynn born in 1837 (he was baptized in Boherbue, Kilmeen, Cork co.)came to the USA in around 1865 or 1866. I actually found Michael Flynn's married record in Bolton, England. He and his family at some point settled in Elizabeth, NJ and then settled in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am trying to find the death dates for Thomas Flynn and Nora Keefee. I have searched Family Search and also Ancestry.com. if anyone has any other hints.

John please reply and lets see if there is a connection.
thank-you very much,
Debbie C-M