Author Topic: Non-working National Archives Will Register and Valuation Office Image Links?  (Read 721 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
The National Archives provide a search facility for the records in the surviving will registers. The results are links to images of the surviving records.  The URL for the search facility is
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/search/wr/index.jsp

My problem is that the resulting link to the image often, in fact usually, generates an error message. For example, today, I searched for "Redmond" in Co. Wexford. The search results in 103 hits, and none of the ones I tried - not one - resulted in a useable image. Each time I tried to follow the image link, I get an error message such as that below.
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /reels/wr/007604261_00350.pdf on this server."

I get similar error messages when trying to look at the National Archives copies of the Valuation Office records. Anyone else encountering these problems?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline mirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I come from a land downunder, or do I?
    • View Profile
Re: Non-working Links to National Archives Will Register Images?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 April 17 03:05 BST (UK) »
Happened to me too.

That type of error makes me think their server is playing up.
Richardson, Sherman, Gillam, Hitchcock, Neighbour, Groom, Walton, Strange, Littleford, Brown, Guy, Abbs, Tasker, Bartlett, Farey, Etteridge

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Non-working Links to National Archives Will Register Images?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 April 17 03:11 BST (UK) »
Happened to me too.

That type of error makes me think their server is playing up.

Thanks, that is what I suspected - paranoia apart :)
But I should add that I have always encountered these errors on a lot of the image links. What has changed within the last few days is that it now seems to be all of them!
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Non-working National Archives Will Register and Valuation Office Image Links?
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 April 17 07:44 BST (UK) »
I think it is now pretty clear that all the image links on the National Archives and Irishgenealogy.ie websites are down - must be a common server failure. National Library links are still working though.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile