Author Topic: ANY BEDS SPENCERS TODAY IN UK,or line WAS in Beds?Still Spencer sur/maiden name  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

ANY BEDS. SPENCERS TODAY IN UK, or their line WAS in Beds/Herts?
Searching for any SPENCERS in UK today, who still have Spencer last name (or was your maiden or your mom's maiden or dad's mom's maiden name),and are OF Beds./Herts. still today OR had Beds./Herts. Spencers in the past.

Were your Spencers, any who lived in these towns?--in Beds.--Blunham, Pavenham, Kempston, Edworth, Stotfold, or Bigglesworth/wade? Or in Herts.--St.Albans, or Hitchin?

Do any of your Spencers bear the 1st names of Gerard, Geoffrey, Michael, Daniel, Andrew, Charles, Thomas, William, over and over again, down thru time?

If you don't know your Spencer history but Think you might "fit" the above bits, get in-touch. I have lots of Old Spencer info, pix, stories, etc. to exchange / share.

Hope to hear from either BRITS in UK today OR from a line of former British Spencers, NOW in former Colonial British outposts---i.e.- So.Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

Thanks so much,

Vienna Spencer

Offline Scribble1952

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
I am not a Spencer.

But if any help,Spencer's had a Boardinghouse in Blackpool Lancashire England in 1927.

I have always wondered if there was any connection to
the famous store😊
All the best

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
thank you for your idea!
take care,
vienna spence

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Sorry, as they were on 2 different counties (Beds. & Herts.) as well as on the topic of DNA testing, that's the ONLY reason I made the 3 different posts, to cover all the bases. Did not intend to post any others.

Thanks,

Vienna (Spencer)

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
To: Aghadowey.....

truely apologise for my 3 posts.....gosh you've only posted

Seriously---43 THOUSAND POSTS? TEN per Day, and my 3 offend you?

So sorry.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I wasn't the least bit offended by your posts but I am now very annoyed at your replies. MANY of my posts were due to being a moderator on this site for quite a few years and most of the rest are from helping mainly on the Irish boards so you might not have seen all the information I've posted for people.

You, however, have not seems to click on the links for YOUR 3 posts- the first 2 one Bedfordshire board (I didn't post any links to any on other counties). I posted links to your previous topics to let others know that information might already have been found before they waste time searching for the same details. This one, for example, has five pages of replies-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=708418

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
I apologise, as obviously I mis-read your intent. I didn't understand why you just posted 3 links to my 3 posts and just stated basically "don't post anymore", so it came across negatively to me.

Also as didn't know you'd been a moderator which Would (of course) explain all those many postings, again I apologise, as it just simply looked to me as if you were complaining about my 3 similar type of posts when you'd posted thousands, that's all.

A simple mis-understanding...again, apologies....

Vienna

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
If I could remove the number of posts to do with moderating I would  ;)