Author Topic: ANY BEDS SPENCERS TODAY IN UK,or line WAS in Beds?Still Spencer sur/maiden name  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
No problemo! -and NO NEED as you were doing good deeds, a basic tenet of genealogy where we all strive to help others when we are able! ok signing-off now as it's way-late for me to be getting to bed in my part of the world.....  :  )

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Can you give me a list of Gerard Spencers in Beds and Herts, which name you say appears "over and over again, down thru time"? I can only find two, in 1601 and 1614. If you make statements which are easily disproved then you lose credibility.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ANY BEDS SPENCERS TODAY IN UK,or line WAS in Beds?Still Spencer sur/maiden name
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 April 17 01:51 BST (UK) »
Sorry to have confused you. I was saying "in general" all those 1st names I listed have occurred in my particular Spencer family who were in Beds. for centuries, all down through time, in all of our various related lines, over and over again, even once they got to America. Sorry for the confusion, wouldn't want to lose credibility.