Author Topic: William LLOYD & Honorah O'BRIEN  (Read 6804 times)

Offline Patrick O'Brien

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William LLOYD & Honorah O'BRIEN
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 May 17 19:06 BST (UK) »
Kevin,
Please check out the Co Clare library at www.clarelibrary.ie genealogy & family history.
Look at the list of freeholders 1821.
You will find Francis Lloyd City Limerick owning land in Cappantimore Co Clare registered Nov 2 1809.
Also George LLoyd owns land in Cappantimore and it may be the same land
Maybe George & Francis were brothers.
I am checking if there is any connection to Alderman Francis LLoyd Sheriff & Mayor of Limerick but like you I am doubtful if he is the father of William.
Paddy

Offline Anchor425

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 May 17 08:51 BST (UK) »
 ;) Paddy
Many thanks for putting me onto the excellent Clare Library website.   The freeholder, Francis may well be William's father.
Kevin

Offline Patrick O'Brien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 20:38 BST (UK) »
Kevin,
The parents of Honorah O'Brien= John & Honora are recorded on the "Kate" passenger list Oct 8 1851 as residing in Trough Co Clare. Trough is a small townland 2 miles north of Parteen Village in Co Clare.
John O'Brien plus Timothy O'Brien (John's Brother?) appear on Griffiths 1852  Limerick-Clare land survey living on number 2 farm in Trough, Co Clare.
I now think that Honorah was married in Kilquane but  born in Trough.

I also note that William Lloyd's parents Francis & Margaret are recorded as dead on the list. 

Kevin, You are very lucky to have traced the locations for both paternal & maternal Irish ancestors to 2 Co Clare townlands located within a 2 mile radius of Parteen Village.
Paddy

Offline Anchor425

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 June 17 07:01 BST (UK) »
 ;) Hi Paddy
I have passed on your information to the handful of "cousins" I have found online in recent years who are scattered around Australia and share an interest in our related families, in the main from Ireland & England, my own, FARRELL being from Co.Kildare.  With the username "treatycity", I guess you are from Limerick?   Your assistance is much appreciated and encouraged me to learn more about the Midwest of Ireland.
Best wishes
Kevin   

Offline ResearchGranny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi  I am new to this forum but saw your post with regard to Francis Lloyd in the Limerick/Co Clare area and wonder if he is possibly part of the Lloyd family I am looking for?  I have yet to find definitive info on the Lloyd family that I believe is related to my husband's G Grandmother Ellen Johnston/e. 

I have three reasons to believe the Lloyd family are connected to our Johnston/e's.
1.  I have a copy (from my husband's uncle) of a page from Houses of Clare which includes Mount Catherine House in Clonlara, Co Clare which has a handwritten note against the list of people that owned the house, saying Grandmothers family.  One of the owners listed in this book were Lloyds.  This is supported by A book of notable families of Ireland which lists Johnstone's of Snow Hill where it lists Mary (Maria) m Francis Lloyd (by special licence, eldest son of George Lloyd of Mount Catherine, Co Limerick.
2.  I have the probate record of Henry Albert Johnston

Ireland Calendar of Wills and Administration 1858 - 1920

Johnston Henry effects under £3,000.

26 May       Letters of administration of the personal estate of Henry Johnston otherwise Henry Albert Johnston late of Paolo Miami County State of Kansas U.S. America. Gentleman a Bachelor deceased who died 24 December 1871 at same place were granted at the Principal Registry to Ellen Johnston of Mount Catherine House Clonlara County Clare Widow the mother of said deceased.

3. John Johnston (my husband's G Grandfather) and his son John Johnstone (Gentleman Farmer) both died in Clonlara, the son's announcement says he is from Mount Catherine and the death of John Certificate (1867) the father says Clonlara.

We know that John the son noted above spent some years in Australia having funded his own passage in a Cabin and became a Ballarat Ranger, Volunteer Rifles when it first began.  A banquet & ceremonial sword was given to him on his departure back to Ireland where he died of TB not long after he arrived back.

So a couple of questions:-

Has anyone here with Lloyd connections done their DNA?  My husband Patrick J Brown is on GedMatch (plus others) T117725 would love to know if our Lloyd families are connected.

Has anyone here come across any Lloyd's and/or Johnston/e's which could be connected? Or research that might be of use to me?