Author Topic: marriage lookup  (Read 498 times)

Offline martinsbox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
marriage lookup
« on: Saturday 08 April 17 22:18 BST (UK) »
Could anyone assist with a marriage that took place in Lavendon on 21 October 1754. The marriage was between a Samuel Betherey & Sarah Johnson. I have a 7th great-aunt Sarah Johnson, who was baptised in Lavendon on 9 February 1728. She was the daughter of Robert Johnson & Mary.

I have been able to find no other details on Sarah´s parents Robert & Mary.
Samuel Betherey could possibly be related to a John Bithrey who witnessed Catharine Johnson´s marriage to my 5th great-grandfather.
I have previously been helped with this information:- John Bithrey married Susanna Read at Bletsoe on 20 sep 1784 by licence. Witnesses were Richard Sawell/Savill? and William Bithray. The licence transcript dated 18 Sep 1784 says John Bithrey was a miller of Bletsoe age 21+ & Susanna Read was from Bletsoe age 21+; surety was by William Bithray, farmer of Lavenden, Bucks.

Thanks Martin

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: marriage lookup
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 April 17 18:39 BST (UK) »
I've checked the Bonds list for the Licence for Samuel Betherey(and variations), but not found.

But there is a Bond granted to William BITHREY(Farmer of Lavendon) to Elizabeth Lichfield( a minor of Lavendon).  Granted at Lavendon, 18th Oct 1784.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/