Author Topic: Records for Boroughbridge  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Littletoot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Records for Boroughbridge
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 April 17 01:19 BST (UK) »
Thank Dobfarm for your help, I appreciate it.

Stonnill, Allen, Manley, Mooney, Small, Cornish

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 23 April 17 03:07 BST (UK) »
I've been to the library, and independently Claire has Find my past subscription entry at home who also viewed the church register at Aldborough and as the entry is not in the church register then it can't be in the BT's as they were/are hand written copies of the church register. Therefore it must have been mis-transcribed from the BT register and for that reason we suspect the original BT register can't be in much better condition than it has shown on that horrible film or digital copy. :(

:)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Littletoot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 23 April 17 04:42 BST (UK) »
thankyou, I think I should give up on my Richard Donkin/Duncan, possibly easier to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!! Thanks for all helping me.
Stonnill, Allen, Manley, Mooney, Small, Cornish

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 23 April 17 11:22 BST (UK) »
Don't feel upset about it., I have a few lines back that dry up about 1765 to 1820 or from earliest death ages(or 1841c round off ages) from 1840's/50's and bet there are plenty of members on Rootchat and Ancestry trees with similar ancestors.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth