Author Topic: Look up please Ryan  (Read 1819 times)

Offline tresario

• I have turned off all notifications to all topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Look up please Ryan
« on: Sunday 09 April 17 20:10 BST (UK) »
*Jofus* Joseph Ryan marriage to Bridget Ward  *not sure if its mis spelt on register or a nickname

Please can you tell me anything about their family. Possibly parents or when they married, if there are anymore Ryan family members.

Their son was Joseph Alphonse Ryan born 1869 in Limerick.

Breen,keenan,Boylan
Caldwell,Thompson,Bell.
Bradshaw,Smith,Waldron

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please Ryan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 April 17 21:01 BST (UK) »
*Jofus* Joseph Ryan marriage to Bridget Ward  *not sure if its mis spelt on register or a nickname

Please can you tell me anything about their family. Possibly parents or when they married, if there are anymore Ryan family members.

Their son was Joseph Alphonse Ryan born 1869 in Limerick.

You can view Civil Birth Marriage & Death records on www.irishgenealogy.ie There are problems with the site at present you cannot view the actual images.  It shows for Joseph Ryan 2 in 1868 - 2 in 1869 & 1 in 1870. Do you have any further information to give i.e area of Limerick City or County?  The RC Church records for Baptisms/Marriages are online at www.registers.nli.ie but you would need to know the name of the Parish for these. www.nationalarchives.ie has Census records for 1901 & 1911 - on looking for Joseph Ryan (father) in 1901 there is only 1 entry age 69 a widower as a possibility 

Offline tresario

• I have turned off all notifications to all topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please Ryan
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 April 17 00:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help. I am in Turkey, whether it lets me in to look at records is a bit sporadic.
That was the only information I had. I will do some more digging.
Breen,keenan,Boylan
Caldwell,Thompson,Bell.
Bradshaw,Smith,Waldron