Author Topic: Finding a death of Joseph Brundrit  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding a death of Joseph Brundrit
« on: Monday 10 April 17 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to find confirmation of a death. Joseph Brundrit was born c1821 in Sretford, Manchester.
In 1861 he is married and living in Liverpool.
In 1871 his widow, Hannah and their children are on the Isle of Man. His last two children are born on the Isle of Man which suggests that his death is likely to be there. I cannot find it on the GRO site, nor the freebmd. On Ancestry some on line trees give 15th Feb 1870 but no sources.
I have looked at the links suggested on the Isle of Man resources link but couldn't find him there either.

Could some kind person let me know where I would find Isle of Man death registrations (and births as I will be coming on to his children next). Also if anyone happens to know anything about this family while they were living on IOM I would be very grateful.

Thank you
Brie

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a death
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 April 17 20:15 BST (UK) »
Liverpool Courier & Commercial Advertiser, 15 Feb 1870
DEATHS
BRUNDRIT - Feb 15 at his residence Prospect Villa, Lezayre, Isle of Man, aged 44 years, Joseph Brundrit, late of 16? Mill Street, Toxteth Park

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 April 17 20:45 BST (UK) »
The burial registers for the Isle of Man can be viewed on line at Familysearch. Have checked Lezayre Parish but no entry recorded for a Joseph Brundrit around 15th Feb 1870.

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 April 17 21:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much hanes. Just what I wanted. Odd there's no burial record though. I'll look on Family Search for the boy's births/baptisms as well.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 April 17 22:38 BST (UK) »
Dean John Brundrit (Shown as Baundrit) was baptised St Lezayre 2.2.1870.  Parents Joseph & Hannah.  Address Prospect Villa Lezayre
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 April 17 22:40 BST (UK) »
A few facts to get started! ;D

The Isle of Man is not a part of the UK - so deaths will not be registered in the usual way, and won't be on FreeBMD or on the GRO site.

Secondly, compulsory registration of births and deaths, in the Isle of Man, started in 1878, much later than in England & Wales. A death in 1870 will not have a civil registration. (www.manxbmd.com for later births, marriages and deaths)

Not seeing any burial on www.iMusem.im?
But there are Registered Deeds:
Assignment. Joseph Brundrit by Thomas Corkill Administrator to Hannah Brundrit and John Brundrit Guardian of Joseph Brundrit's children. Lheakerrow and Rulmash in parish of Bride Curragh Nany in parish of Lezayre and lands and premises called Lheakerrow in parish of Andreas. Deed ref.: MS 09494/1871/09/013. 19th September 1871

Assignment. Joesph Brundrit by Thomas Corkill Administrator to Hannah Brundrit and John Brundrit Guardian of Joseph Brundrit's children. Ballacrink in parish of Jurby. Deed ref.: MS 09494/1871/09/012.

Assignment. Joseph Brundrit by Thomas Corkill Administrator to Hannah Brundrit and John Brundrit Guardian of Joseph Brundrit's children. Aust in parish of Lezayre. Deed ref.: MS 09494/1871/09/019.

Assignment. Joseph Brundrit by Thomas Corkill Administrator to Hannah Brundrit and John Brundrit Guardian of Joseph Brundrit's children. Dwelling house and premises in Town of Ramsey. Deed ref.: MS 09494/1871/09/025.

Assignment. Joseph Brundrit by Thomas Corkill Administrator to Hannah Brundrit. Glentruan in parish of Bride. Deed ref.: MS 09494/1871/09/017.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 April 17 22:43 BST (UK) »
This is from

http://imuseum.im

Joseph Brundrit

Record type: Registered Deeds

Parish: Lezayre

Biography: Assignment. Joseph Brundrit by Thomas Corkill Administrator to Hannah Brundrit and John Brundrit Guardian of Joseph Brundrit's children. Aust in parish of Lezayre. Deed ref.: MS 09494/1871/09/019. (Deed requisition book entry: L 22639/7/2923.)

Deed date: 19 September 1871
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 April 17 22:49 BST (UK) »
Snap, CaroleW!!

I added all 5 Registered Deeds to my previous posting.
Seems he was a wealthy man, with a lot of property?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 April 17 22:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you KGarrad, I thought there were probably differences from England - hence asking here and now I know.

Carole thanks for the interesting information. Looking at the link it would seem that Joseph bought property on the Isle of Man (Hannah as a widow at one point describes herself as a landowner). He must have been a very successful butcher to retire so young, it was a shame he didn't live long to enjoy it. Though of course ill health may have prompted him to retire and move out of the city. As always there are so many scenarios!

Brie