Author Topic: Amelia Bush in Bath!!  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Jeninnz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Amelia Bush in Bath!!
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 07:46 BST (UK) »
I realized the NZ not Aus mistake after I posted, but as an Aussie, I thought it was funny.

Time to get a marriage certificate I think of the Bohee/Bush marriage to check on her father's name unless some-one can find a parish register entry.

Love your humour......on another note I see you research the name Richardson......my Grandmother was a Richardson on my paternal line lol
Researching, Titcombe, Davies, Galloway, Craig, Shailer, Richardson, Lee, Rand, Hazell. All roots mainly from England, Scotland, New Zealand.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 07:50 BST (UK) »

Offline Jeninnz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 08:05 BST (UK) »
Have you seen this post http://www.GenesReunited.com.au/boards/board/ancestors/thread/452065
Yes that was me.  That is how I got to sort out part of the puzzle.  Since then I have been in contact with the granddaughter of Henry Arthur Lee who married Violet Rand's half sister Mary Ann Moore Procter.  Together we are working on it, me on the Lee/ Bohee/Bush lines and her on the Moore line which is real hair tearing out research as the Moore line goes to Jamaica and maybe Scotland, England or Ireland.   At least my line stays in England lol
Should I ask in the Hampshire forum if anyone can find a marriage in a parish register for James Bohee and Amelia Ann Bush ??
Researching, Titcombe, Davies, Galloway, Craig, Shailer, Richardson, Lee, Rand, Hazell. All roots mainly from England, Scotland, New Zealand.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 08:22 BST (UK) »
Have you seen this post http://www.GenesReunited.com.au/boards/board/ancestors/thread/452065
Yes that was me.  That is how I got to sort out part of the puzzle.  Since then I have been in contact with the granddaughter of Henry Arthur Lee who married Violet Rand's half sister Mary Ann Moore Procter.  Together we are working on it, me on the Lee/ Bohee/Bush lines and her on the Moore line which is real hair tearing out research as the Moore line goes to Jamaica and maybe Scotland, England or Ireland.   At least my line stays in England lol
Should I ask in the Hampshire forum if anyone can find a marriage in a parish register for James Bohee and Amelia Ann Bush ??

That might be an idea, I can't find one on-line and someone might have access to the records.

Looked on PapersPast to see if there was any obituary for Amelia but couldn't find one. I did see that Amelia had a bit of trouble with her second husband, poor woman, I'm assuming you've seen the articles mentioning his desertion.

Offline Jeninnz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 08:34 BST (UK) »
Not sure what's is on papers past about Amelia.  Amelia Ann Bush married James Bohee and then William Mackersey.  Her daughter Ann Amelia Bohee married Henry Arthur Lee who deserted her. She then married many years and a couple of children later to William Moore.   It gets confusing with names the same. Lol. There  is a police missing person report for Annie's husband Henry Arthur Lee though.

Offline Jeninnz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 08:47 BST (UK) »
Wow......thank you for that.  That explains why on her headstone only James Bohee and the children are mentioned and why she isn't buried with William......mind you I can't find him anyway.....not that I've done a lot of looking for him......I have been concentrating on Amelia.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Try this,,,

Amelia Bush b1841 Bradford Union workhouse. 

Amelia Bush
England and Wales Census, 1841
Name    Amelia Bush
Event Type    Census
Event Date    1841
Event Place    Bradford, Wiltshire, England
Residence Note    Woolley
Gender    Female
Age    0
Age (Original)    0
Birth Year (Estimated)    1841
Birthplace    Wiltshire
Registration District    Bradford Union
Parish    Bradford
County    Wiltshire
Page Number    12
Registration Number    HO107
Piece/Folio    1166/10
Affiliate Record Type    Household
Household

Role

Sex

Birthplace
George Bush       M    20-24    Wiltshire
Amelia Bush       F    20-24    Wiltshire
Elizabeth Bush       F    2    Wiltshire
Amelia Bush       F    0    Wiltshire

George Bush married Amelia Tucker 1837 Bradford Wiltshire

George's father William married Elizabeth Green 1814 Bradford, Wiltshire.

George's brother Frederic  b1821 Bradford Wiltshire.

Name    George Bush
Gender    Male
Christening Date    Oct 1817
Christening Place    MORGANS HILL INDEPENDENT,BRADFORD ON AVON,WILTSHIRE,ENGLAND
Birth Date    1817
Father's Name    Wm. Bush
Mother's Name    Eliz.

Name    Frederic Bush
Gender    Male
Christening Date    08 Apr 1821
Christening Place    MORGANS HILL INDEPENDENT,BRADFORD ON AVON,WILTSHIRE,ENGLAND
Father's Name    William Bush
Mother's Name

Amelia was living with Frederic in 1851.
Both Frederic and his father William were weavers

Offline Jeninnz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 09:12 BST (UK) »
That family sure do tie up together.  However on the 1871 census for James and Amelia and children it shows her birthplace as Somerset, Bath.