Author Topic: France: Anne L'Homme, born Echiselle  (Read 5941 times)

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: France: Anne L'Homme, born Echiselle
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 August 17 09:53 BST (UK) »
Also....I'm not sure if there were any particular naming traditions in France at this point in time, but just in case it provides any further clues, the children of Anne L'Homme and Jean Mandineau were:

Francois (Jean's father's name)
Pierre
Daniel
Jacques
Jean

Cheers,

Jenni

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 August 17 10:10 BST (UK) »
The list of names and births is right.
I think too that Saint Martin de Gaulle is St Martin de Nigelles but I cannot find her (I went back until 1698)
The book of temoignages says that Anne is 22 in July 1724, but is it right? after all there are a lot of mistakes , she might have been 25 , I 'll have another look .

I found this : http://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/04/14/the-huguenots-of-spitalfields/
Go and have a look, most interesting for you.

You can also type GENI in google and then Anne L'homme in geni's search:
https://www.geni.com/search?search_type=people&names=anne+l%27homme
https://www.geni.com/people/Anne-Mandineau/6000000003650294484
And try to see who is Bill Paterson who knows things about her.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 August 17 13:59 BST (UK) »
Homme de peine =man doing any kind of hard work

I found a very very interesting thing : act of abjuration of Calvin's heresy  of Claude Delhomme
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMjciO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6NjE0ODtzOjE2OiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sIjtiOjE7czoyMToidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbF9tb2RlIjtzOjQ6InByb2QiO30=#uielem_move=314.73333740234375%2C73&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=74&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F

page 58/380

Bottom of the left page and beginning of the right page .

Translation :
1698, the 13th of april Claude de l'homme, son of Claude de l'homme and Simone drane ( drone?) farmer of (St martin )de Nigelles renounced Calvin's heresy and made profession of the catholic apostolic and roman faith in my hands , in presence of Messire gaston de tranchellion, gaston de cafardelle,and louis ... jean...jeanDubois, gille vellenier, nicolas leblanc, they al signed the act that I sent to the secretary of the bishopsric, according to the orders of the bishop of Chartres
Fontenay

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 August 17 14:15 BST (UK) »
Naming traditions were approximatly the same as in England and not always followed but you can be sure of this : very rarely you'll find originality and that means a lot of namesakes .There were the family traditionnal names  (for example : François in a family, Pierre in another) , habits of giving uncle's , grand parents's names and so on and there were local traditionnal names according to the local saints.
Another tradition is to give the godmother's name to a girl  (except if there is a living sibling with this name, the godfather's name to a boy).
 If a child was called by a double name , for example Claude françois , may be he was never called Claude , or never called françois in his whole life  . A boy called Marie Joseph Lerouge (for ex) will never be called Marie.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 August 17 14:50 BST (UK) »
In the baptism record of Marie Anne, the priest mentions the parents as married into the Protestant faith about 10 years ago and pretending to be husband and wife since then.

He is a winegrower in 1711.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 August 17 15:23 BST (UK) »
Homme de peine =man doing any kind of hard work

I found a very very interesting thing : act of abjuration of Calvin's heresy  of Claude Delhomme
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMjciO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6NjE0ODtzOjE2OiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sIjtiOjE7czoyMToidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbF9tb2RlIjtzOjQ6InByb2QiO30=#uielem_move=314.73333740234375%2C73&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=74&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F

page 58/380

Bottom of the left page and beginning of the right page .

Translation :
1698, the 13th of april Claude de l'homme, son of Claude de l'homme and Simone drane ( drone?) farmer of (St martin )de Nigelles renounced Calvin's heresy and made profession of the catholic apostolic and roman faith in my hands , in presence of Messire gaston de tranchellion, gaston de cafardelle,and louis ... jean...jeanDubois, gille vellenier, nicolas leblanc, they al signed the act that I sent to the secretary of the bishopsric, according to the orders of the bishop of Chartres
Fontenay

Simonne DROINE for DROUIN ?

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 28 August 17 15:25 BST (UK) »
In 1704, the godmother of Jacques is Françoise Magdeleine DE L'HOMME, dauther of the late Claude DE L'HOMME, a plowman when alive.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 28 August 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
Yes could be DROINE
I see the act in 1693 it is DROÜIN in fact , but can you read the name of the boy?
So Claude Lhomme , married later to Anne Juvin had a brother named Joseph who died in 1693, and a brother born in 1693 named? also a sister named françoise magdeleine

Well done, I find this handwriting difficult to decipher