Author Topic: Henllan Denbigh Marriage  (Read 671 times)

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henllan Denbigh Marriage
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
I should have mention that Catherine Jones b 1865/6 daughter of William Jones and Elizabeth Evans who married John Evans in 1886 named her children John Edward 1887 Minera Denbighshire`   , Elizabeth  1891 Minera , Gwladys 1894 Minera and Idris b 1900 Minera. Witnesses on the marriage cert Enoch Williams and Jane Jones. So there is a naming pattern still in existence.
Allan, Dow,Boggie,Douglas,Hillock...Scotland
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,BrownShipton,Hockey.....England
Coleman,Evans,Parsey,Jenkins,....Wales

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 13:21 BST (UK) »
I've found an interesting baptism in Denbigh:

14 Feb 1836 (born 7th Feb) - Elizabeth Evans d of Edward (labourer) and Margaret of Post Office Lane, Denbigh.

Henllan is only just over 2 mls/3.7 km from Denbigh.

I don't see them on the 1841 but they could be on one of those missing pieces. I'll have another look later .
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:30 BST (UK) »
A marriage between Edward Evans and Margaret Williams (both otp) in Denbigh on 10th October 1835.

Witnesses - Thomas Evans and Elizabeth ?Zacchens? *

* I've been searching in the area for this surname for a while. The nearest so far is a marriage
between a Hugh Zachens and Elizabeth Jones  in 1766, Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch. I think too
early but a possible lead.  Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch is just over 3 mls from Denbigh.

Also mention in the North Wales Chronicle , Jan 29 1876 of a W Zachens who played in a Gentlemans X1 versus a Gentlemans X1 football match in Portmadoc on January 22nd!!

All this is possible only.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:52 BST (UK) »
It's worth looking through Jill Rose's Names from Clwyd - link to Zs

http://www.clwydsurnames.org.uk/Z.html

I see there are some Zacheus (Elizabeth and John)  in Denbigh PRs so will follow up

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 18:06 BST (UK) »

This is possibly the nearest to the second witness to the 1835 marriage:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KCPC-3WN

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
There is an online tree for the Elizabeth Zaccheus b. 1804 -  d. 1846
Parents - Thomas Zaccheus (1763-1833) and Anne Hughes (1761-1834) - Denbigh
Marriage 5 Oct 1840, Liverpool to David Jones (1802-1875)

I don't see a relationship of this Elizabeth to either Edward Evans or Margaret Williams so far, apart from her being a witness to their marriage.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 04:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gadget for your post regarding William Jones and Elizabeth Evans.
I like the baptism of Elizabeth Evans
14 Feb 1836 (born 7th Feb) - Elizabeth Evans d of Edward (labourer) and Margaret of Post Office Lane, Denbigh
and the marriage between Edward Evans and Margaret Williams (both otp) in Denbigh on 10th October 1835.
Witnesses - Thomas Evans and Elizabeth ?Zacchens? *.
The above seem to make match and as you mentioned Henllan is only a few miles away from Denbigh.
Allan, Dow,Boggie,Douglas,Hillock...Scotland
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,BrownShipton,Hockey.....England
Coleman,Evans,Parsey,Jenkins,....Wales