Author Topic: Robertson family in Worcestershire 1780-1850  (Read 1949 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Robertson family in Worcestershire 1780-1850
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 April 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
Yes that is the fun of it!

I couldnt find a Marriage of William Merrell to a Mary though.

Mary Ann Merrell 1802 seems to be the only Child Christened Halesowen to them.

The 1851 Census I posted confirms INR was born c 1796 Harbourne, Staffordshire so I think you have the right Parents for him in Robert/Frances.

If Isaacs Father was a Reverend then he must have been the black sheep of the Family ;D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline sarah_robbo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 April 17 08:17 BST (UK) »
That's what I thought! I said at WDYTYA LIVE to a few people. I like that I have a black sheep! Especially as his daughter on my line (Charlotte) also had the illigitmate child! (Ernest Edwin)

If you fancy digging around that- I'd be interested in what you find! I can't see that she went for bastardy court route though? Like we said before it looks like Ernest Edwin was taken in by Edwin and Eliza, his uncle and his wife?

Main areas of research:

Robertson (Staffordshire/West Midlands)
Harrison (Staffordshire/Derbyshire)
Jinks/Jenks (Staffordshire)
Doughty (Staffordshire/Shropshire)
Hunter (Northumberland)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 April 17 15:35 BST (UK) »
I am in Australia so have no access to records eccept those on-line so cant help with bastardy records sorry.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)