Author Topic: Windows Creators Update -coming soon.  (Read 607 times)

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Windows Creators Update -coming soon.
« on: Wednesday 12 April 17 14:17 BST (UK) »
The latest update to windows "Windows Creators Update" starts its official roll out.

1. its a major update and takes quite a while to download and update - on the plus side no files or installed programs were removed or damaged during process

2. All of those annoying "live tiles"/ report to Microsoft links that you turned off have been turned back on by default.

3. Most of the changes are internal but some of the utilities have had a face lift (eg the snipping tool). Paint is now Paint 3D and as the name suggests it now works with 3d images. There is a "mail" link now stuck on the taskbar

4. Boot up & shutdown seem faster

5. Apps(Program) and Internet integration has been stepped up

I've been running it for a few weeks now and so far, no problems.

Offline Hammerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Creators Update -coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 April 17 20:28 BST (UK) »
I've always used snipping tool to quickly grab information from websites to study later.  Today though it appears not to work at all on Ancestry. When I go to select a new snip the whole screen goes grey. Is this part of the new package?
Greensmith - Greasley, Nottinghamshire; Rigley - Nottinghamshire; Wightman - Nottinghamshire; Lee - Nottinghamshire; James - Berkshire (maybe Gloucestershire); Lyons - London; Harrop - Prestbury, Cheshire; Rockett - Middlesex; Chandler - Lambeth, Surrey (maybe Norfolk); Gates - Middlesex; Clark - Islip, Oxfordshire; Richards - Gouldhurst, Kent; Bent - Redbourne, Hertfordshire; Angel - Throwley, Kent; Coker - Middlesex; Bailey - West Lavington, Wiltshire

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Creators Update -coming soon.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 April 17 21:50 BST (UK) »
I've always used snipping tool to quickly grab information from websites to study later.  Today though it appears not to work at all on Ancestry. When I go to select a new snip the whole screen goes grey. Is this part of the new package?

Correction - I have just rechecked another machine (running Windows 8 ) and it seems that was the way it always worked (on my machines) although probably less noticeable than it is now