Author Topic: Marriage of Mary Moran  (Read 1074 times)

Offline wakey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of Mary Moran
« on: Wednesday 12 April 17 16:09 BST (UK) »
I am still trying to trace a marriage of Mary Moran born 1876 in Co .Kilkenny. went to Connecticut 1905 to join her brothers, as she does not appear on 1910 census, presume she must have married between 1905 and 1910 if anyone can help would be very grateful. Thanks

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Mary Moran
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 16:14 BST (UK) »
Do you have an exact date of birth for her or an exact date of arrival for her?  What were her brothers' names and where did they live?  What were her parents' names?

Offline wakey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for reply, Mary was born 23th Oct, 1876.Father Thomas Moran, mother's maiden name Mary Walsh,  brothers Thomas, Michael, Edmund ( or Edward) also sister Alice, D.O.B. 3th March 1890, yes, a big gap between them but the boys came between also some lost in infancy, the mother was very young, to the best of my knowledge, they all lived in Bridgeport, Connecticut, I have found record of all of them except Mary, she went to U.S. July 1905, her sister went, 1908, !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:07 BST (UK) »
There's a Connecticut naturalization record for a Mary O'Keefe with the same birth date who arrived as Mary Moran on the same day.   Mary was born Templeorum, Kilkenny, Ireland.  Her husband was Peter, and it says they married 28 Nov. 1912 in Bridgeport.  They had a daughter who was born 1914 in Bridgeport.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:11 BST (UK) »
Peter & Mary are on the Connecticut marriage index here - http://www.ctatatelibrarydata.org/marriage-records/

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:14 BST (UK) »
This appears to be Mary & her husband and daughter in the 1940 census - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KWMF-R4N

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:24 BST (UK) »
I think this is Mary's death - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VZLG-YYQ  The marital status is wrong, but the 1951 Bridgeport city directory says that Mrs. Peter F. O'keefe (Mary M.) died May 25, 1950 age 74.

And her burial references the name Moran - https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=170989904&ref=acom

Offline wakey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for this information, unfortunaly, I could not locate the marriage info, but I will keep trying, also I wonder why I could not find her on the 1910 census, I did find her sister Alice, I am so excited to have got this information, you don't know what it means to me, and to know she had a daughter as well, that is amazing. Many thanks,

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
The marriage index doesn't really give any additional info, but if you just type in Mary Moran under the bride's first and last name and 1912 in the date married, it should bring it up.