Author Topic: Margate Death 1900  (Read 933 times)

Offline mlr0663

• RootsChat Member
  • I'm not as think as you confused I am
    • View Profile
Margate Death 1900
« on: Thursday 13 April 17 09:06 BST (UK) »
Good Morning

I wonder if anyone could tell me if the Margate PRs are online anywhere or does some kind person have access to them  I am looking for any details of the death of Emma Marley, who according to the local paper died on 27th October aged 44 and lived in Market Street in Margate.  I suspect that this lady was married to a Frederick George Marley from Bow, London. They had only been married since the since 1899 and this was I believe Emma's second marriage. At the time of her death if I have the right connection Frederick was with the Army in SA. Basically just trying to connect the dots that I have and to confirm or not that Emma was the wife of Fred.
Thank you so much
Margaret

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margate Death 1900
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 April 17 09:49 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure that the Parish Register will tell you anything more than the date she was buried and possibly her age.

The death certificate will give more details.

The GRO reference is

Emma Marley Dec 1900 Thanet vol 2a page 535

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline mlr0663

• RootsChat Member
  • I'm not as think as you confused I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 April 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
Yep, thanks

Was hoping that there may a be a small snippet in the PRs, as sometimes there is. Probably will have to bite the bullet and cough up for the DC  >:(

Online grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 April 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
You are correct if she was Emma Beckworth.

Accordingto Fred,s Army Records :- He was Married to Emma Beckworth ,at the Bushey and South Watford Baptist Chapel on 14 Febuary 1899.

FG Marley 3686 of the 5th Lancers.

Was recalled to the colours under Special Army Orders on the 11/11/1899
He was then on active service in South Africa (Boer War) until Discharged on 5/9/1902.
He received his War Gratuity on 3/9/1902.

He had previously completed service from 23/7/1889 to 17/2/1897.Also with the 5th Lancers.
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 April 17 19:37 BST (UK) »
Parish Registers for Margate, or St John in Thanet as it was otherwise known, are on FindMyPast.  They only have burials to 1899 unfortunately.

As Emelton says, the death certificate is probably your best chance of confirming as it should say, assuming the informant knew, who her husband was if she was married.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day