Author Topic: St Patrick Edinburgh - Lynch Cannongate circa 1890's  (Read 599 times)

Offline wtspg121

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Patrick Edinburgh - Lynch Cannongate circa 1890's
« on: Friday 14 April 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Mary Ellen Lynch b 1877 Canongate, daughter of Patrick Lynch and Brigid Lovell. 
She is on 1881/1891 and 1901 census with family members.  In1901 mother Brigid/Mary and brother John a hotel waiter. 
I have looked at index at Scotlands people for any marriages/death at St Patricks but none available. 

Does anyone know of a way of finding baptisms/marriages or deaths from St Patricks around 1870 to early 1900.
I can find no information of Lynch family.  Patrick and Brigid came from Ireland and had a son John in 1877.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
Re: St Patrick Edinburgh - Lynch Cannongate circa 1890's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 April 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
Mary E Lynch married Thomas Calder at St Andrew, Edinburgh in 1895. He shows as son in law to Mary Lynch in the 1901 census you have mentioned in your post, though for some reason Mary, her daughter, is listed under Lynch. Mary Ellen Lynch or Calder married again in 1913 in Edinburgh to John McGuire. She is recorded under Lynch, Calder and McGuire when she died in 1931 (death registered in St Giles, Edinburgh).
There is a probable birth for Mary Ellen Lynch in Canongate parish in 1878.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline wtspg121

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 April 17 16:33 BST (UK) »
Isobel
That is great info.  You don't happen to have an address or occupation on her marriage certificate to Thomas Calder as I want to try and more confirmation that this is the actually Mary Lynch I am looking for.  Info on the census's are looking right.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 April 17 18:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry - I just got the info. from the free indexes on Scotlandspeople. You would be able to view the original marriage for 6 credits (£1.50).
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)