Author Topic: Margaret Hawes [nee Sivell/Civil/Sivel] death Tibenham/East London 1865-1870  (Read 4780 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Hawes [nee Sivell/Civil/Sivel] death Tibenham/East London 1865-1870
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 April 17 19:04 BST (UK) »
Have found William Swell Hawes death in Jan-Mar 1869 in West Ham, Essex [E&W deaths 1837-2007 on Find My Past, vol 4a, page 10]

Well done - I only looked in the Shoreditch RD - big mistake!!

Although it's on freebmd as William - Ancestry have it as Thomas Swell Hawes so have notified a transcription error

I wonder why Essex??
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Hawes [nee Sivell/Civil/Sivel] death Tibenham/East London 1865-1870
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 December 17 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole again!

Sorry about the sudden & long hiatus in this thread. I am now focused back on this. I have both the birth & death certs of William 'Swell' Hawes. Margaret is his mum & George [coal dealer] his dad. He was born at the same address as George's 2nd wife [Sarah Anne] was living with George & his kids in the 1851 England Census

Why he died in Stratford [of meningitis] rather than Shoreditch I have get to get to the bottom of. There is no indication of whether Margaret is still alive at the time of William Sivell Hawes' death.

So Margaret's death was between 16/3/1868 [W S Hawes dob] & 23.2.1870 [wedding of George & Sarah Anne], & most probably occurred in East London [rather than Norfolk/Suffolk]

Exhausting & varied searches online by me [Ancestry.co.uk+FindMyPast+FS] have been pretty hopeless!!

Would be interested in any of your ideas to find out where & when she died!!

Kind regards

Michael

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 December 17 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Carole - English Census should be 1871, not 1851 - Michael

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 December 17 20:59 GMT (UK) »
With such a short timescale it should be easy - but she's hiding.  I can't find any death for her
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 December 17 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole, you have responded very quickly. I have tried a large number of variations of her 1st name [even Peggy & Mgt!] & her surname [Haws & Hoares etc] with no success, in Middlesex, London, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk & UK wide. The only thing I think that I can do is go to the non 1837-1916 BMD records, eg: parish & other local London sources for the Shoreditch/Hackney area [& possibly West Ham] not available online. What do you think? Any of your ideas would be most welcome. Kind regards, Michael

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 07 December 17 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Does it give an actual place of death for William on the death cert

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 08 December 17 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole - W S Hawes' death occurred on 27 Mar 1869 at Leyton Road, Stratford, Essex. Hannah Watts was the informant who also lived in Leyton Road [?same house as WSH], George Hawes [coal dealer] was his father [source: his death cert] - Michael

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole

I have just discovered that Margaret's sister Anna Sivell [1847-1922] married Francis Watts [1844-1893] & she lived in West Ham from 1861 to her death & married in 1867 [4Q] along with the fact that quite a few of his siblings lived in West Ham about 1870 [+/- 10y]. However I have yet to find a Hannah Watts who was related to them, though I continue in my quest. I believe that the Watts connection is significant

Do tell me what you think & of your research

Kind regards

Michael

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 00:01 GMT (UK) »
See my latest post [new on 8/2/21] - Margaret Hawes was buried in Abney Park Cemetery, Stoke Newington, Middlesex, UK on 20/10/1868. Now I have to find her date & place of death !!