Author Topic: advice please  (Read 3403 times)

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
advice please
« on: Thursday 28 July 05 20:33 BST (UK) »
hi someone has kindly given me a ref no for a marraige between my gggranda and gggranma.(i hope it is)they married in truro in 1859 in march? all i want to know is do i phone the registry at truro even though i dont have the exact date, and if i do will they check i have the right person by looking at his spouse to be.hope this makes sense.i have tried all the other site available and i need the personal touch now.any advice please.
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline linnet

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: advice please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 July 05 21:39 BST (UK) »
You can order certificates on line from the General Record office at a charge of £7.00. See www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/. If your informant gave you a date of March 1859 it probably means they were married in the quarter January to March as this is how record offices work. Did they give you a page and volume number? If you look at the website you can order even if you do not know the page & volume number. Alternatively Truro have an email address cro[at]ceo.cornwall.gov.uk replace [at] with @
Regards

Linnet

Offline Jack Hayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 September 05 23:55 BST (UK) »
Send me the names of the people that married in 1859 and I will check them out for you..........

Best wishes ......Jack  (Wales, UK)
Researching ........Wellington in Cornwall and overseas

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 September 05 10:08 BST (UK) »
hi thank you that would be very kind as i can still not find it myself.the names are
richard jose and caroline brown.(from gwenap or redruth.)thank you again. ;D
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline Jack Hayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 September 05 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi.......

There is a marriage in Truro 1859 of Richard Jose, but as you can see there are two groom's and only one bride, the two couples were married on the same day I should look at the marriage fiche for Caroline Brown on the March quarter of that year 1859.

Surname  First name(s)    District  Vol  Page 

~~~~~~~~
Marriages Mar 1859
~~~~~~~~

Jose  Richard    Truro  5c 280   
Verran  Thomas     Truro  5c 280   
Youlton  Elizabeth Ann     Truro  5c 280

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best wishes ............Jack  (Wales, UK)

Researching          Wellington
Researching ........Wellington in Cornwall and overseas

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 September 05 14:12 BST (UK) »
thank you very much.i will look as you suggested.sometimes it seems like there playing hide and seek.thanks again.
lloyd