Author Topic: Death due to Industrial Accident at Clarke Chapman .Thomas Lancelot Robson 1935  (Read 1410 times)

Offline bramhallbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Death due to Industrial Accident at Clarke Chapman .Thomas Lancelot Robson 1935
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 April 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
I have  looked online from home with a library pass a few years ago & also on central libraries but I think many subs have been cut.

I think this incident was tragic as Thomas was married in 1930 Dec Q Chester le St to his 2nd wife Edith May Harper....(no idea why Ch le St) as he was from Gateshead ..Felling/Windy Nook etc). They had a child Mary Margaret Robson Dec Q 1931.

The others in the accident recovered. Not sure if Newcastle papers listed the accident
Borodenko, Kalmus, Lobanenko, Chaplenko. Basko.
Robson,Gillespie,Sentence, Edgar, Gildert

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death due to Industrial Accident at Clarke Chapman .Thomas Lancelot Robson 1935
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 April 17 15:42 BST (UK) »
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/253d2d5d-0c0e-4749-b390-d07839a38e1a

That says Clarke Chapman accident reports for the relevant time are held at TWAS (though I can't get their catalogue search to work at the mo).

Boo

Offline Scribble1952

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 April 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Perhaps the Local Council  Libary were the event happened  has a newspaper of the time.🙃

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 April 17 17:36 BST (UK) »
So was he son of Thomas and Matilda Robson born Felling, Gateshead.

Offline bramhallbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 15 April 17 18:01 BST (UK) »
Yes Barryd he was their son. I never posted that bit
Borodenko, Kalmus, Lobanenko, Chaplenko. Basko.
Robson,Gillespie,Sentence, Edgar, Gildert