Author Topic: Johanna Cremin  (Read 9984 times)

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Johanna Cremin
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 20 April 17 22:36 BST (UK) »
The death certificate does show father to Delia Fusz being John Foley along with husband being John Fusz.
The newspaper article gives Delia's husband's name as John Fusz and states they were married at Eagle Rock which is now Idaho Falls, Idaho USA. It goes on to mention the children and spouses to some.
Mrs. (Margaret) J. W. Grossman
Nrs, (Essie) Percy Silver
Miss Florence Adelle (and states her to be the baby)
Son, is Alban Fusz

The distant cousin stated that there was one more child named Jessie (born 16 Jun 1886 and died in 1893 in Pocatello, Idaho USA.

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 20 April 17 22:43 BST (UK) »
I'm thinking that the death certificate is an error of father's name as I've been finding errors all along. I spoke with the 2nd great grandson and he had info of other siblings including my great grandfather along with proof of a photo taken in Pocatello, Idaho in front of John Foley's house which included Alban Fusz (the child of Delia) along with my great grandparents.

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 21 April 17 00:12 BST (UK) »
Here is the 1900 census for Delia Foley Fusz and husband John Fusz. It mentions the children along with Julia Foley who is Jeremiah's wife,....Julia Loughnane Foley. Julia is buried out to the Mountain View Cemetery in Pocatello, Idaho with the Fusz family.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-DY9C-VW?mode=g&i=31&cc=1325221

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 21 April 17 00:21 BST (UK) »
Here is a printout of the death certificate. There were two from the state of Michigan and one shows the father as being John Foley with a strange name for maiden name of mother which possibly could read,....Doul-Kuner (difficult to read). The other death certificate is attached and has the mother correct but no maiden name. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FWDM-9VF

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 21 April 17 00:32 BST (UK) »
I found this link showing a family tree of John Fusz and Delia Foley. I did have a distant family member through the Percy Silver family contact me through cousinsconnect.com
This person that corresponded with me is through Delia Foley and John Fusz's line.
https://familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/KFG7-RNL/portrait

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 21 April 17 15:01 BST (UK) »
On all of the death certificates I've seen on Delia it states she died from 'gastric carcinoma'. I read up on the condition to discover that it's a common stomach cancer and it's 'hereditary'. I wonder if Jeremiah's diagnoses of hemoptysis is related. Jeremiah's condition gave many diseases that would cause his coughing up blood. I have written to two Fusz family members on Ancestry that had a private link. I had asked them if they found proof of linking Jeremiah Foley and Julia Loughnane to Delia. I'm just waiting for a reply.

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 21 April 17 16:03 BST (UK) »
When you gave this awesome link to the Boherbue Parish Records,...I noticed names that fit my family but the parents names were spelled strange. Is this what you were referring to as priest writing in Latin? Some of the names do seem like Latin. I have forgotten my Latin introduction that was many years ago when being a child at a Catholic church and school. This document is so neat to look through. Thank you for this link.
http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632556#page/1/mode/1up

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 21 April 17 17:10 BST (UK) »
The photograph outside John Foley's house showing Delia is good, clearly they all knew each other, it's just such a pity the death cert says father John, quite possibly an error but her marriage cert would be a big help.

Yes priest used Latin in the parish registers. The surname and address isn't in Latin but usually the first names were, how they were spelt could vary from priest to priest.

Delia could have been born during the years missing from the register or in this earlier time period.
http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632553#page/1/mode/1up
I haven't looked at this section yet, but it is transcribed on Irish Genealogy and I didn't find her or Nora there, it is also transcribed on Ancestry so if you have a subscription you could try there.
The handwriting is terrible on it so transcription mistakes are quite possible.

Offline foleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 21 April 17 18:50 BST (UK) »
I just found a newspaper obituary on ancestry for Delia Foley and John Fusz's daughter, Essie.
The obit states the daughter's name as Essie Silver Fisher. She was born Jan. 10, 1891 in Pocatello, Idaho to John Fusz and Delia Foley Fusz. Essie died at age 85 in 1976. She married three husbands who all died and left her a widow. The obit goes on to list the children of Essie and includes cousin's with my grandfather, Timothy J. Foley being listed in her obit. So this shows proof.