Author Topic: Hanratty Leonard connection  (Read 1201 times)

Offline cathal1958

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanratty Leonard connection
« on: Monday 17 April 17 14:34 BST (UK) »
Just trying to find out if there is also a Leonard connection to the area in the death cert Corrygarry, Castlebalney, Susan Hanratty nee Leonard was a G.G.Aunt to my self, also connected to the Hanratty connection in Sion Mills, Tyrone and Milford Donegal.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hanratty Leonard connection
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 April 17 16:22 BST (UK) »
Of you go to https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp and just put in the following you can  search the indexes to Births over 100 years old, the indexes to Marriages over 75 years old and the indexes to Deaths over 50 years old... or just tick Marriages etc
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline cathal1958

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 April 17 17:49 BST (UK) »
HI Hallmark,Wedding cert info trying to find info on  Susan Leonard married 1885 in Derry to a Mathew Hanratty, witness at wedding Thomas Leonard & Mary Nash, Susan's father was Patrick Leonard.I wonder was there only the Hanratty connection to this area?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 April 17 18:44 BST (UK) »
HI Hallmark,Wedding cert info trying to find info on  Susan Leonard married 1885 in Derry to a Mathew Hanratty, witness at wedding Thomas Leonard & Mary Nash, Susan's father was Patrick Leonard.I wonder was there only the Hanratty connection to this area?

What area? Derry or Monaghan?

You can look at 1901 (and 1911) census to see how many might be there (as well as checking civil index posted above)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!