Author Topic: Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881)  (Read 7926 times)

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith and Muss,
Thanks for links and as ever asks a few more questions.
Kind Regards
Paul Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 08:04 BST (UK) »
There is a probate packet available for Auguste Guerry de Lauret died 24 Dec 1881  https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/item/299692

I can photograph this for you next time I am there if you wish.  It *should*
contain a death cert, a will and details of heirs.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 08:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros,
That would be be good if you could.
Kind Regards
Paul Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 08:37 BST (UK) »
No problem Paul  :)

And I could possibly photograph his naturalisation application too - or do you already have this?

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
His naturalisation papers, dated 11 November 1856,  state that Auguste Pierre Clement de Guerry de LAURET has satisfied the conditions to become a British subject.  He is a native of France, aged 44, arrived NSW per brig Letitia in 1839, is currently (1844) residing at Kenmore near Goulburn and wishes to become a land-owner.

(Aside - looking at the paper I note that naturalisation allows the applicant to have all the privileges of a natural-born British subject in NSW except that s/he may not be a member of the Executive or Legislative Council)

Auguste Pierre de LAURET, 23,  was found not guilty of fraud in 1834
Date of Trial: 16 June 1834 at Clerkenwell Sessions, Middlesex, England

On on-line public tree gives his birthplace as Pondicherry India, 1811, and his parents as Antonie de GUERRY de LAURET and Sophy Barθre but there is no source given for this, although they do correspond with the names on the NSW death index.  Names are given for Sophy's parents, also.  There is a photo of him on this tree.

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith,

Interesting find on line tree whats the source?
And the English case is there any newspaper report?

Kind Regards
Paul Williams

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 09:40 BST (UK) »
Paul,  I looked at the 19th Century British Newspapers site and couldn't see a newspaper report about the trial. 

The on-line tree is on Ancestry. 

I find it slightly odd that there is no mention of him arriving in Sydney on the Letitia which seems to have come from "Feejee".  I would have thought that someone of his background would have rated a mention in the newspapers of the time, however I couldn't see anything on TROVE.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith,
I need to work through all the leads and extra jigsaw parts i have been discovering.
Thanks once again.
Kind Regards
Paul Williams

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
RE Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881)
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 23:08 BST (UK) »
Letters from and about Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881)