Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 701 times)

Offline swinno

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage
« on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have the PRO for a marriage of a Frederick Swinnerton to Alice Turley 1901 Dudley.
I also find a Josiah Frederick Swinnerton born 1877 Dudley.
Can anyone access the marriage details for Frederick to see who his father was?

thanks,
bswinno.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:30 BST (UK) »
From WestMidlandsBMD the marriage took place at St Chad, Coseley.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:37 BST (UK) »
on the 1901 he is with his mother Rebecca (b 1843 Coseley) and step father John Bissell (b1845 Princes End)

Going back through the census Rebecca was a widow by 1881 but on the 1871 she is with Josiah Swinnerton (b1837 Tipton) transcribed as Joseph on A* he died 1880 and married Rebecca Walters in 1870

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline swinno

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:49 BST (UK) »
BumbleB has found that he was married at St Chad Coseley. I have looked and it does say Frederick J Swinnerton.

The tree I have shows that he was the son of Henry Swinnerton and Ann Matilda Hampton.
But I am sure this is not correct as he would have been born too early. circa 1850's.

I have found in the indexes a Josiah Frederick Swinnerton  born 1877 Dudley.

There is an entry in the 1911 Census which has him and his family  I have been sent but it is
not  clear. He is living with his father in law as the head of the family. can anyone see it?

thanks,
bswinno.

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:55 BST (UK) »
Yes he is down as Josiah on the 1881 but the surname is mis-transcribed as Summerton on A*

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline swinno

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
Ahh well that wont help Yes I have found this spelling ad others many times before.
Thanks
bswinno.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:59 BST (UK) »
We're not allowed to give information from 1911 census.

If you live in England, then your library may have access to either Findmypast or Ancestry, and you can check the details for yourself.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 17:05 BST (UK) »
Checking on the GRO the 1877 Josiah Fredrick Swinnerton's mothers maiden name was Walters which matches with the information I have given you

On the 1841 census Josiah senior's parents are William and Sarah

Willow x

Offline swinno

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 17:09 BST (UK) »
Yes BumbleB I was a world wide member of A for many years . I let it laps when I became ill and it is only the last few months that I have been realy active again.
It is for certain that I need to look at that marriage certificate.
thanks guys for your help.
bswinno.