Author Topic: Rebecca Roch nee Allen - birth history  (Read 860 times)

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rebecca Roch nee Allen - birth history
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 16:35 BST (UK) »
There is a Stephen Allen baptised Walton West in 1790 parents Stephen and Martha.

There is also a Rebecca Allen baptised 15 Aug 1806 parents William and Rebecca in Walton West. This is a baptism date and not necessarily a birth year.

I can find George Allen and Ann having several children but no Rebecca. Likewise Stephen and Martha but again no Rebecca.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 16:42 BST (UK) »

And now you're messing with my mind  ???

Part of my other family genealogy is the Roch side & in particular the afore-named Richard & his parents: which I believe his was an illegitimate birth to John Roch & Mary Cinnet [Sinnet] ...

Sorry   :D

His baptism does say he is son on Jno Roch of St Ishmael Parish and Mary Cinnet of Dale Parish (Illegitimate)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Steve_C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 23:44 BST (UK) »
There is a Stephen Allen baptised Walton West in 1790 parents Stephen and Martha.

There is also a Rebecca Allen baptised 15 Aug 1806 parents William and Rebecca in Walton West. This is a baptism date and not necessarily a birth year.

I can find George Allen and Ann having several children but no Rebecca. Likewise Stephen and Martha but again no Rebecca.

Emeltom

Thanks for that Emltom, it's got me thinking now: I have seen some baptism records where the child's age is noted as being several years old - perhaps this is her situation?
I will have to look, or maybe even this is the possibility for now until further info comes to hand? Maybe she was born elsewhere & then got baptized when they moved into this parish??
I'll have to see if there are other children of William & Rebecca & where & when they were born - thanks!