Author Topic: John Isaac Stowers Lee and Katie Lewis  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Cynfelin

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Isaac Stowers Lee and Katie Lewis
« on: Wednesday 19 April 17 17:34 BST (UK) »
Can someone help me have closure on my work regarding the above named please?
Can the accuracy of my work to date be verified. Katie Lewis Lee die on the 29Th April 1980 at St Hellier Jersey. Where is she buried? Is John Isaac Stowers Lee buried in Jersey? John Horace Charles Lee died in St Hellier in 1971. Did he marry?

Thank you in advance of your help.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John Isaac Stowers Lee and Katie Lewis
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 April 17 00:17 BST (UK) »
There is a Katie Lee listed in the St Helier death indexes between Oct 1979 and April 1981, it is on page 35. These people may be able to tell you where she was buried but I think they charge £10. municipalservicesdepot@posh.gov.je

John Horace Lee was buried in Surville cemetery, St Helier. The funeral directors sent their bill to a Mrs Patricia Lee. The Jersey Archive also has his will listed in their catalogue which may tell you more, again there would be a charge, probably £5 assuming it's not more than a couple of pages.

Offline Cynfelin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Isaac Stowers Lee and Katie Lewis
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 April 17 17:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information. It ties in with the information I have and indeed gives me more information about my estranged family. There was a son from John Horace Lee and Pat Meeking's marriage born in St Hellier in 1943.

John was known as Jack and was a pianist and played with a band. Can someone help me further please.

Thank you in anticipation of your kindness.