Author Topic: Death of William John Wright, Nov 1872, Kilkeel  (Read 727 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death of William John Wright, Nov 1872, Kilkeel
« on: Thursday 20 April 17 00:32 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am looking for further information about William  John Wright who died in Kilkeel in Nov 1872. I am wondering if he is the William John Wright who married my Margaret Beggs.  Margaret was born 1796 possibly Brookfield or Carnlea.  She is supposed to have had a son William John Wright as well. I don't know if the couple in Kilkeel is  them. That Margaret died 1876 but is it my Margaret? Would there be any way to access the will if there was one? The William John Wright in Kilkeel was a coastguard.
Thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death of William John Wright, Nov 1872, Kilkeel
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 April 17 14:21 BST (UK) »
Related topic LINK
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 April 17 16:16 BST (UK) »
Yes, that was a related post and I did check to see if I had already posted for William John's death before I posted for  it now but I missed that post. I am hoping for some indication somewhere to see if it is my Margaret Beggs. Maybe the birth of William John Wright Jr but I don't have his date of birth and it's not on irishgenealogy.ie. Maybe the will but I don't find that. The William who died in 1872 and Margaret who died in 1876 are a couple as he is a coastguard on both but are they my couple? I lean towards yes, but can't be sure. A family tree from Maryland says that Margaret Beggs married William John Wright and they had a son William John Wright.
Thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 April 17 10:28 BST (UK) »
If you believe that Margaret was born in 1796 she would have been of child bearing age from 1810 (aged 14) to 1846 (aged 50) which is before civil records began for both marriages and births

The death of William John WRIGHT in 1872 states he was aged 75 which implies he was bc1797
This would make him a logical age to be Margaret's spouse

The only birth I can see of a William John WRIGHT is a CoI baptism on Jun 23 1858
in Tamlacht, Co. Derry; address Ballygonney;
Father William a police constable; Mother Margaret, maiden name not given.
However your Margaret would have been 62 at this time

I think you need to include specific dates that are known and proven to ensure that anyone who searches on your behalf is looking at the correct time line
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 April 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
May have been more than one William Wright with wife Margaret in Kilkeel area at the same time. PRONI Will Extract has link to Will Book-
The Will of William Wright late of Kilkeel County Down Merchant deceased who died 1 March 1866 at same place was proved at Belfast by the oaths of John Wright (Stationer) and George M'Cracken (Merchant) both of Newry in said County two of the Executors.
Will lists wife Margaret (and property she may get from her father so sounds like he's living when will was written in 1865), etc. (4 pages long so I didn't read through it all)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!