Author Topic: Belgian nationality Family History researchers - on Ancestry?  (Read 416 times)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
Belgian nationality Family History researchers - on Ancestry?
« on: Thursday 20 April 17 17:18 BST (UK) »
Hi there

just an update to say that the Belgian researchers on Belgian Ancestry Help (belgianancestry.weebly.com - mentioned on a thread here) have done some work for me on my Van Steenhoven/Kesneer family which have been a mystery to me and many relatives for a long long time.

I now have some documents about the history of my great grandparents Victor Desire Van Steenhoven and Ann Kesneer who came to London between the Autumn of 1870 and December 1876 (still can't quite pin down exactly when, but still looking at school attendance registers for clues).

I also have some details of relatives in Belgium up to the early years of the 20th Century, and I will enter those on my Ancestry tree to see if any 'hints' pop up of family connections.

However, are there any Belgian based family history researchers here at all, and if so, can you tell me if there is general research interest in Belgium like there is in the UK (following WDYTYA), and whether families might tend to put their trees on Ancestry? 

Just interested to see if the ever-resourceful Rootschat audience can give me any guidance?
 :) :) :)

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex