Author Topic: Santa Cruz or Yolo, CA COMPLETED  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Santa Cruz or Yolo, CA COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 20 April 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
Would anyone be able to find an obit for Warren L Richey, who died 1 Apr 1978, either in Santa Cruz or Yolo, CA.  He married 2nd, Mary Grace Dunlap Mast, 16 Jul 1957.

Findagrave entry: https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Richey&GSfn=Warren&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=6&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=87798213&df=all&

I believe he is the same Warren L Richey who was married first to Sada Marion Roberts and also appears on her tombstone in Youngstown, Ohio.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Richey&GSfn=Warren&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=37&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=91986915&df=all&

I would like to link these tombstones but would like an obit to confirm my belief they are one and the same.  Warren and Sada had a daughter, Helen, who survived at his death.

Thank you for contemplating this request.-- Liz

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Cruz or Yolo, CA obit
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 April 17 22:00 BST (UK) »
Plain Dealer
Cleveland, Ohio
Tuesday, April 04, 1978

Warren L. Richey

[Plain Dealer special]

YOUNGSTOWN - Services for Warren L. Richey, 89 a retired Youngstown educator, will be today at The Craft funeral Home in Woodlawn, Calif. Mr. Richey died Saturday at his home in Esparto, Calif.

He retired in 1957 as principal of Youngstown North High School, a position held since 1929. Warren Richey Elementry School here was named in his honor.

A native of Delaware County, graduate of Miami University and master's degree from the University of Pittsburgh.

His teaching career began in 1906 at  Orrville, where he taught the first four grades.

He was a trustee of the former community Chest here, served on Selective services boards and was a chairman of the  Youngstown Metropolitan Housing Authority.

Mr. Richey is survived by his wife Mary Grace, and a daughter.

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Cruz or Yolo, CA obit
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 April 17 01:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you soo much, RJ.  I wouldn't have thought to look in the Cleveland papers.  Now I can link everyone together.

This is now complete