Author Topic: South Australian Police Gazette 1868  (Read 315 times)

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
South Australian Police Gazette 1868
« on: Friday 21 April 17 01:34 BST (UK) »
Hello.

Does anyone have access to the South Australian Police Gazette for 1868, particularly its (handwritten) index? It seems to be available in the SA State Library, SA Police Museum and (probably) SA State Records. But I'm not in SA. It does seem to also be name indexed in Ancestry and Find My Past, but I couldn't work out how to 'browse' publications in those sources.

I'm hoping to ascertain whether it mentions a Lisette FRAHM, who was convicted of larceny in the Tanunda Court on 3 September 1868 (http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/41392109). Following up on this previous post (http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=726256.0).

Thanks

Craig
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: South Australian Police Gazette 1868
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 April 17 01:51 BST (UK) »
To browse on Ancestry go to Card Catalog and type in South Australian Police Gazette.  On the right of the screen you will get a list of years - just select the one you're interested in.  I've had a quick look and cant see a hand-written index though.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 April 17 02:48 BST (UK) »
To browse on Ancestry go to Card Catalog and type in South Australian Police Gazette.  On the right of the screen you will get a list of years - just select the one you're interested in.
Thanks, I'll give that a go.
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 April 17 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Craig,

I have access to the 1868 South Australian Police Gazette and I cant see any reference to a Lisette Frahm, I will go through the pages after the Court date to double check,

Gerry

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 April 17 06:26 BST (UK) »
I have access to the 1868 South Australian Police Gazette and I cant see any reference to a Lisette Frahm, I will go through the pages after the Court date to double check
Thanks very much. I have since found reference to a Lisette FRAHN in the list of registered prisoners in Adelaide Gaol (SRSA series GRS 2414, http://www.archives.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/GRS_2414_adelaide%20gaol%20index_1857-1889_C-F.pdf). Volume D indicates it's not long after 1857 (which starts with volume C) and it's a close name. I might ask SRSA to copy for me.