Author Topic: John Hannell IRVIN b. circa 1780  (Read 4582 times)

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Hannell IRVIN b. circa 1780
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 14:32 BST (UK) »
Interesting there is no mention of Thomas b 1821. 

The different spelling of the middle name is also of interest.  I have seen it spelled as Hannall, Hennell and Hannll, never Hallan before this, yet it appears to be the same family.  Do you have any idea where source documents might be found for births of the children

Thank you for your help with this, it is much appreciated.

Jeni
Simpson, Stout, Strachan, Kidd, Lilly, Champion, Grigson, Bruce, Menzies, Polson, Murray, Livingston, Ross, MacKay, Dingwall, Armstrong, McDonald,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 22:58 BST (UK) »
I started looking through the bishops transcripts for Tynemouth before I left for work,
but because you have to search page by page I never got very far
they are available through Family search org

The tree also stated Barbara was a half sister, but of course you need to find the death and remarriage of her father
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 00:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for taking this time to help me.  I have been searching on familysearch to little avail, only the information already mentioned.

I will certainly keep searching for this family and will look at the Bishops Transcripts as you suggest.

Thank you.

Jeni
Simpson, Stout, Strachan, Kidd, Lilly, Champion, Grigson, Bruce, Menzies, Polson, Murray, Livingston, Ross, MacKay, Dingwall, Armstrong, McDonald,

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 May 17 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have been searching the Bishops Transcripts for Tynemouth and have found both Barbara and Thomas' baptisms there.  The information tallies with the indices of family search, although Barbara's isn't easy to read.

I am getting dates from another family member for the tree on ancestry he believes is a correct tree, so I can search those dates.  Searching the transcripts is taking time, and with some idea of dates, this will be easier, I think.  Unfortunately the Durham images for South Shields are not available for 1801 so I won't be able to find the image for the marriage of John and Jane just yet.

Again, thanks for setting me on this path.  My SIMPSON family are also in this area.  I will search for them, too.

Jeni

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 May 17 06:02 BST (UK) »
thes are invaluable documents and well worth sitting and reading page by page,often you will find a relative on them that didnt show up in a search as hey can be miss transcribed keeping plodding on,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 05 May 17 06:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  I have been informed the Richard IRVIN who began the business Richard Irvin & Sons is a nephew of Barbara, from other research.  I now have dates of baptisms, marriages etc of Barbara's siblings, although not finding them in Tynemouth, so searching in the various Newcastle upon Tyne registers as well.  I have family born in Rothbury, so found some of them.

John Hannel IRVIN is the father of my ggg-grandmother, Barbara Steel IRVIN.  Barbara married my SIMPSON ancestor from North Shields, Ralph Brady SIMPSON. 

I am like a kid in a candy store searching these wonderful old registers.

Thank you
Jeni

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 May 17 00:32 BST (UK) »
fabulous news

Offline Tim Irvin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 August 17 21:08 BST (UK) »
I was looking at this earlier, and the search you have come up with is my family. I have a family tree somewhere in the loft and will dig it out at the weekend. I don't recall a Barbara on the family tree, but I may be wrong. I guess you could be looking at the wrong thread, but John Hannel Irvine and Jane Hill are definitely on the tree somewhere at the top. The e got dropped around that time and it is now Irvin.

Tim Irvin

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 August 17 21:12 BST (UK) »
Tim

Thank you, looking forward to seeing what you have.

Jeni