Author Topic: Archibald Ewen MacKinnon (Ontario)  (Read 2849 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Ewen MacKinnon (Ontario)
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 29 April 17 06:13 BST (UK) »
Read both obits for Donald (on Aug 24 and Aug 25), both say "MacKinnon, Donald M" at the beginning of the obit, but only call him Donald in the body of the obit. 

Pretty sure that is your elusive Mary... died in 1949 (see my reply #25).

RK

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 29 April 17 06:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Found Mary :) :)

Obituary in the Globe and Mail, 8 March 1949, page 22. 

Mary MacKinnon died at Women's College Hospital (in Toronto) on March 7, 1949.  Sister of Father Neil J MacKinnon, Mrs Annie Callaghan and William of England.  Resting at her home 191 First Avenue.  Interment Mount Hope Cemetery. 

I don't know what the M stands for in Donald's obit ???  Will double check to see if name is given, but I don't think so.

RK

Sorry RK,

I posted when I saw RED ALERT but thank you for Mary's obit  :o

I think this has been added since you helped me a few years back to find her.....there's always additions over time.

I'm looking at family names but can't see anything obvious for Donald 'M' & he had no middle name on his BC whereas Neil Joseph was just that on his BC.

A brother Thomas A (presumably Angus) on BC b 08 Dec 1904 & died 17 Jan 1941 Toronto.
A sis was Rose Ann on her BC 21 Jan 1901.

I have a 'full house' now for deaths.. ;D Thank you!!!

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 29 April 17 06:26 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome :)

Mary hasn't been added, I just tried some new search terms and was successful this time.  I think I used ... Mary near MacKinnon AND deaths AND "Mount Hope"... as a long search term.   Nothing else I tried worked (using other siblings names, etc).   Glad I took another stab at it. :)

RK

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 29 April 17 06:31 BST (UK) »
It's certainly made my day having her details now as she's the only one who never left the abode at 191 First Ave since her arrival.

Thanks RK, I'm heading off now (tired) but happy  :D

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 29 April 17 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hmm,

I now wonder if the 'M' may be my g g/mother's (reputed maiden surname) which she used throughout her life 'McCluskey' which was her reputed father's surname, used on all her official papers, marriage & all kids births although illegitimate & born Cullen  :-\

Something for me to think about & wonder if there's anything on Donald with the middle name of McCluskey as it's the only thing I can think of?

Annie