Author Topic: Any info marriage/death Margaret MITCHELL Melbourne  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Emmybeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any info marriage/death Margaret MITCHELL Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros
Just to let you know I have spent a few hours searching uk bmd records and not had much luck there with the list of unusual names either. Found a few births, no marriages and only one death. Looked at Victoria records for Margaret but I found nothing either. Maybe she moved to another state.
Thanks for your help and I will keep searching.
 Linda

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 23:38 BST (UK) »
That's a shame Linda ... 

I'll have a look around the other states and NZ.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 April 17 01:53 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry Linda - I haven't found anything ...  I've checked other states for deaths with those parents (or one or the other).  I've been through the Victorian marriages of Margaret Mitchells and checked the deaths of that Margaret to check the age (if they had died before 1987).  I've checked trove (newspapers) for any mentions ...

Still thinking ...

Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 April 17 07:39 BST (UK) »
Another rootschatter, muss, mentioned that she couldn't find most of the other "Yorkshire girls" from the article marrying in Victoria

Something is amiss...  I have not found any reply by muss on this thread, nor any obvious modifications by any of our volunteer moderators. 

May I please learn which unusual surnames have already been checked.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Emmybeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 April 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying Ros. I found possible marriages for Margaret to Young Pascoe and Newbon but no death in Victoria or UK to match these. Ursula Tooby returned to UK and died 1977. Mary Flatley returned by 1931 as she married then.
Guess Margaret will remain a mystery for now.

Linda

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 April 17 09:04 BST (UK) »
I found a marriage for Mary K Flatley in Victoria in 1927  :)   Not as uncommon name as we thought  :)

I'll keep thinking Linda ...  And I'm sure others will be along with some good ideas.

Ros

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 30 April 17 09:15 BST (UK) »
According to the (incoming) passenger list available at the National Archives of Australia, there’s at least one other passenger surnamed MITCHELL on that voyage.

Frank MITCHELL, boarded London, to Independent Hall, Collins St, Melbourne (pg 58 of 79)
 and

600 (?)
Margaret MITCHELL, boarded London, to Federal Mills, Geelong (pg 55 of 79). 
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/scripts/PassengerSearch.asp

Same voyage, but this time from a list compiled as outward from London (I did not look for Frank on that list).

Ticket 852
Miss M MITCHELL,  16, Beacon Parade, Halifax, Yks, 3rd class, to Melbourne, aged 34, English.

Perhaps she adjusted her age.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Emmybeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 30 April 17 11:01 BST (UK) »
JM thanks for that. Maybe it is not my Margaret on that voyage at all  :( I only know she left 'with her sewing machine' some time after 1921. Family stories say to Australia. As she was a dressmaker going to Federal Mills seemed to fit.
Back to the drawing board  ???
Ros just checked births for Mary K Flatley again there is only one possible Mary Kathleen in 1906. Of course she may have been registered as Mary and there are a few of those. She married Thomas J Needham.