Author Topic: Riley, Cullen and Sweetman in Dublin  (Read 628 times)

Offline Helen Bedford

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Riley, Cullen and Sweetman in Dublin
« on: Friday 21 April 17 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have found a marriage between Timothy Riel(y) and Catherine Cullen in St Mary Pro-Cathedral, Dublin 14 July 1823, and a baptism also in St Mary Pro-Cathedral, Dublin for Jno Reiley, of Drury Lane, 20 April 1826. This is the only one I can definitely say has a father Timothy, but there are couple of other possibles.
I know that Tim and Cath were in Manchester, England by 1834 as they had a son Daniel there and a daughter Margaret in 1841. These three are the only known children of the marriage.

As my Catherine was born 1802, I have tentatively theorised that Catharine Cullin baptised in Rush 31 March 1802, daughter of Martaugh & Sara Cullin is mine, together with siblings John(1791), Mary(1793),Richard(1795), Patrick(1797) and John(1804). (Various spellings for parents)
I have also found a marriage in Rush for Murtagh Cullin and Sarah Sweetman 29 December 1790, and a possible baptism for Murtagh Cullen 11 May 1755 in St James, Dublin City as son of Daniel and Margaret with siblings Mary(1759), daughter(name torn)(1766), Daniel(1768) and Elizabeth(1770). There is also a marriage between Daniel Cullin and Margaret Archbold 3 June 1746 in St. Michan, Dublin City.

What I would like help with is to somehow confirm or deny this theory by fleshing out the findings with other details, eg wills or deaths etc.
Any help appreciated
Helen

Offline Louis Hoffman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Riley, Cullen and Sweetman in Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 September 19 13:49 BST (UK) »
I have many later Murtagh Cullens in my tree