Author Topic: John Anderson, Ballyshannon  (Read 6292 times)

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Anderson, Ballyshannon
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 22 April 17 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I'm very grateful for all your help!
Hay/Wisnom/Kerr/Millar/McArthur/McBride/Archer/Noble/Cinnamond/Baxter/Young/Irwin/Harold/Dowie/Benson

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 22 April 17 15:49 BST (UK) »
Almost losing my eyesight, I've been on the computer so long today!
Struggling to get any information on John Anderson and his children, if anyone can help.
Also been trying to find the births of George Herbert Buchanan and Kate Anderson, again, I would appreciate any help.

Thank you, Betty
Hay/Wisnom/Kerr/Millar/McArthur/McBride/Archer/Noble/Cinnamond/Baxter/Young/Irwin/Harold/Dowie/Benson

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 April 17 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

George's  1927 declaration of his intent to become a US citizen has his birthdate as 14 Jun 1881 Co Leitrim Ireland. His 1934 petition for same has his birthplace as Drumkeerin Ireland. His parents are listed on the marriage record posted by aghadowey back in reply #9.

Aghadowey also gave you Catherine's birth info back in reply #9. The petition above corroborates Catherine's birthplace as Ballyshannon Ireland.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 24 April 17 20:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you polarbear, I've just reread my post!
I have been able to find that information from both you, aghadowey and past research.
I stupidly put births, it's there immigration dates I'm looking for, when they actually left Ireland.
I appreciate you taking the time to help me once again!

Betty

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 24 April 17 21:14 BST (UK) »
Not to worry  :). Will see what I can find.
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 24 April 17 22:05 BST (UK) »
Herbert Buchanan arrived New York 04 May 1914 on the Cameronia. Age 32. A Draper. Born Drumkeerin. Contact in Ireland his mother Ann of Drumkeerin. Going to join brother Albert in San Francisco. Had been in the US before 1902-1907 (I think - a bit difficult to read) in San Francisco.

PB

A bit more will be added in a bit....

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 24 April 17 23:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you!

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 00:20 BST (UK) »
I have amended the post after a 2nd look at the records......

Very hard to read but Kate Anderson appears to have come to Canada via Portland Maine in Feb 1914, arriving Portland the 24th according to her later border crossing (below) in transit to Canada.

Kate crossed into the US at Noyes Minnesota 29 (?) Aug 1914 on route to San Francisco California. Last residence Winnipeg. She was going to join her fiance Herbert Bu......? who payed her train fare. Age 35. She had been in the US before but only in transit from Portland to Canada 24 Feb 1914. Contact in Ireland was her brother Robert George of Ballyshannon.

PB

Added: it looks like Kate had originally planned to sail for Canada in Feb of 1914. She appears on 2 different passenger manifests for the Numidian in Feb but is crossed off the list on one of them. This would generally indicate she did not sail on that date (but see remarks below) She was going to her brother David in Winnipeg.,

Amended.....I THINK she is crossed off one list b/c it was possibly for passengers travelling directly to
Canada. Kate appears on a third list that has her record stamped as gone to USA, which would have corroborated her arrival in Portland on route to Winnipeg by train in Feb 1914.

Sure hope this makes sense  ;D.

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 09:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much polarbear! This is definitely our Kate! Robert George is my husbands grandfather and her brother, along with William David.
Thank you for taking the trouble to find all this information for me.....it has totally changed our family tree.
We had Kate dying a spinster in Ballyshannon and I've been searching for John Anderson for a couple of years. It's amazing how you leave the search for a while, take a break and come back to it again and you strike gold!
The information you and aghadowey have found has been amazing, thank you!

Betty