Author Topic: British Home Children - 5 siblings  (Read 1841 times)

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: British Home Children - 5 siblings
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 April 17 15:19 BST (UK) »
A great big Thank You Sandra!!!  It is taking me awhile to look through it all.  I had found some of these items (but not all).  I wasn't quite sure on some of them, so I am so happy to see you came to the same conclusion.

I wonder where Violet was on the 1910 census in the USA?  When she married Sidney Charles Lynds, 12 Jan 1918, in Somersville, Massachusetts, she was a "Violet Richie."  I wonder why she came to the USA, whereas the rest of the 5 stayed in Canada? 

Waddoups - Northampton; Greaves/Gleaves- Birmingham; Sutton & Willie - Somerset & Devon; Sweeten/Sweeton - Ireland; Robert McKenzie - Scots Greys; Bradney/Bradley - Shropshire & Stafford; Aaron & Moses Williams - Pontesbury, Shropshire & Abersychan, Monmouth; Barham, Farnes, & Isacke - London; Odense County, Denmark; Gausdal, Oppland, Norway.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 April 17 18:11 BST (UK) »
I think this might be the missing Nellie, but it list her as "Nellie Graves Spicer" and her husband as "William Franklin Spicer."
http://www.canadianheadstones.com/on/view.php?id=93660

Perhaps you could contact the Quinte West Library to see if there are obituaries for Nellie and her husband? 

http://www.library.quintewest.ca/en/about-us/genealogy.asp

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 April 17 18:38 BST (UK) »
Here is someone looking for an obituary for Daisy Greaves and William Faulkner's son Douglas Roy Faulkner (d 1996 in Halifax).   Obit here as well.

https://mailman.ednet.ns.ca/pipermail/nsroots/2007-March/003629.html

RK

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 April 17 19:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you RunKitty for the obituary and possible obituary links!!!  I will pass it on to my relative along with Sandra's great finds.
Waddoups - Northampton; Greaves/Gleaves- Birmingham; Sutton & Willie - Somerset & Devon; Sweeten/Sweeton - Ireland; Robert McKenzie - Scots Greys; Bradney/Bradley - Shropshire & Stafford; Aaron & Moses Williams - Pontesbury, Shropshire & Abersychan, Monmouth; Barham, Farnes, & Isacke - London; Odense County, Denmark; Gausdal, Oppland, Norway.

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 22 April 17 20:32 BST (UK) »
1959 death in Sydney Nova Scotia for Charles Arthur E Greaves.  Son Cecil George was informant.  Mother given as Mary Chapman.  There is a 1920 marriage for Charles A. Greaves to Wilhemina Malcolm with father given as James but mother is given as Elizabeth Patterson.  1891 birth year with place of birth as Birmingham.

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 22 April 17 21:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you cosmac for the information on Charles A. E. Greaves!!!  It seems to match & confirm the family information shared with me and in online trees.  It gets confusing with all the different names given for the parents.  So I appreciate everyone's help and insight.  I forgot to mention the James Greaves's wife was Alice Chapman.   

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 April 17 23:33 BST (UK) »
Canada Voters List - 1953 - 152 Manor Road East Toronto - Eglington District - Mrs Elizabeth Astle - Widow -

Canada Voters List 1968 - 165 Manor Road East Toronto - Elizabeth Astle - Unemployed.

I was excited by this possibility, so I did a Google search for "Elizabeth Astle" in Toronto, and found an obituary for a "Astle, Elizabeth (Isabelle) Aniela (nee Kalichak)," who moved to Toronto in the late 1940s.  Is she the "Mrs. Elizabeth Astle" listed on the voter list?  If so, I wonder where Elizabeth May Greaves Astle lived?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 April 17 06:26 BST (UK) »
This could be the husband of Elizabeth (Isabelle) Aniela (nee Kalichak) listed above.  :'(

FIND A GRAVE

Lt Sidney William Astle - 6 September 1943

Burial - Brookside Cemetery  Winnipeg Greater Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Plot: MLTY-2044-0

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=111385802&ref=acom

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 April 17 12:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra for proving that the Mrs. Elizabeth Astle in Toronto is not the one I am seeking, so it is now back to looking for the right one.  I didn't think to look for Elizabeth (Isabelle) Aniela (nee Kalichak)'s husband.