Author Topic: Norman Boocock  (Read 1455 times)

Offline twizz0

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Norman Boocock
« on: Saturday 22 April 17 01:24 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any living relatives of Norman Boocock born 1897 Yorkshire England
He was in WW1
Norman Boocock
born 1897 yorkshire
T/370934
arm service corps
driver
ET/40315
re-enlisted R.A.S.C 28/1/1919
Our family has something that belonged to Norman and we would like to return it to any living relatives...

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Boocock
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 April 17 05:56 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat twizz0.

It's very nice of you and your family to try to return this item to Norman's family.

Have you made a start on looking for him? For example have you found him on any census, or found his birth, marriage or death?

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 April 17 06:49 BST (UK) »
I've done a bit of digging. Keep in mind that these finds are only possibles due to not having any certificates for documentation, and an assumption that this is the correct Norman Boocock.

Norman's birth was registered in 1896 in Keighley. His father was Thomas and his mother was Elizabeth Ann Binns.

Thomas Boocock and Elizabeth Ann Binns were married in the Sept quarter 1892, marriage registered in Keighley district.

Elizabeth Ann Boocock, Norman's mother, died in the Sept quarter 1897, Keighley, age 26.

Norman appears to have been their only child.

His father Thomas remarried in Dec quarter 1897 in Wharfdale district to Rhoda Walker.

In the 1901 census Thomas, Rhoda, Norman and NormAn's half sisters Miriam, aged 2, and Miranda, aged 3 months, are living with Rhoda's mother Miriam Walker in Baildon Yorkshire. Thomas is 29, born in Leeds, and Rhoda is 23, born in Baildon.

In the 1911 census there are still only the three children.

So a bit of background for you.

Now to look for Norman's marriage and to check to see if he had any children.  :) If not, I will check his half sisters.  :)

Offline twizz0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 April 17 07:27 BST (UK) »
The only information we have came from Norman medal, I have done a search and found him through the Army records. It named Keighley Yorkshire as his birthplace . I did find marriage of a Norman Boocock to Marjorie Gardner  in 1933 Yorkshire with one son Thomas E Boocock born 1934 Yorkshire but I cant be sure if this is him. I did find the 1901 census with Norman's name listed.
So I was hoping by putting this online we can find any family and return his medals.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 April 17 07:34 BST (UK) »
There are a number of possible marriage for a Norman Boocock from 1920 onwards. The marriage certificate woukd give father's names, but you obviously can't buy all of them.  :)

I am unsure if there are any indexes available online which give father's names without you having to buy the certificates.

Hopefully someone related to Norman comes across this thread one day. A simple google search is all that is necessary, but you might need to be patient.  :)

Is there any NOK named on his army records?

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 April 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
Do you have access to Ancestry? I haven't got very far with it so far, but there is an Army Pension record for Norman giving next of kin as his father Thomas.

There is at least one other Norman Boocock born around the same time, so you have to be carsful not to get them mixed up.

The 1939 register might also be worth a look.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 April 17 11:19 BST (UK) »
I did find marriage of a Norman Boocock to Marjorie Gardner  in 1933 Yorkshire with one son Thomas E Boocock born 1934 Yorkshire but I cant be sure if this is him. I did find the 1901 census with Norman's name listed.

In the 1939 register, the NB born in 1896 had a wife called "Margery".
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Lindyboo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hello, I know this an old thread but I'm related to Norman Boocock.  Please get in touch and I'll give you more information.
Thanks
McDANIELSON - worldwide
MULDOON/BANKS Co Sligo
SCHOFIELD Yorkshire
PULLEN/PULLEYN + variants Yorkshire
DUTTON - Stockport, Glossop, Halifax
JACKSON - Stockport
WALKER - Ireland
McDONALD/McDONNELL - Ireland Co Mayo
STAKE - Brighouse
BRADLEY - Pontefract
ASPINALL/SYKES - Brighouse & Ripponden

Offline twizz0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
We are so glad to find a relation of Norman's we are in Australia and my cousin has something that we would like to return to the family, please contact me and we can arrange something... Thanks