Author Topic: Marriage of Robert Thomas to Catherine Gwynne either at Llanymynech or Oswestry  (Read 752 times)

Offline johneowens

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thanks again, Alberbury.

Yes, you have found the link with my Owens family in the 1861 at Carreghofa, Garth, Llanfyllin: Margaret Owens (niece 16), who was my great grandfather's sister. Unfortunately, I cannot read Robert Thomas' occupation on the image and Ancestry does not provide a transcription. Is it "Parish Clerk & ???????"? In the 1841, he was a schoolmaster. Neither can I read Catherine's occupation? Can you help please? (RG9/4261/41/p. 10).

Now found that Robert Thomas (b c1819) and Catherine Gwynne married Q1/1850 @ Oswestry, which would mean that the first 3 children (William 1834; Elizabeth 1838; and Edward 1840) are those of another Robert Thomas & Catherine (possibly Catherine Lewis) who married in 1833. Robert would only be 14 in 1833.

However, I now cannot find the family in the 1851C.

Many thanks for the new information on the Gwynnes.

Best wishes

John

Owens-Swansea/Wallasey/Garston,L’pool
Jones-Erbistock/Widnes
Allen-Tetsworth/Hoole/Runcorn/St.Helens/Iowa/Kansas/Nebraska
Yieveley/Yevily/Everley/Heviley-Little Ness,Salop/Oldbury/St Helens/Garston,L'pool
Davies-Holywell,Garston,L'pool
Ithel-Bagilt,Mold
Fletcher-Rainhill/Widnes
Hughes-Marchwiel,Bangor-Is-Coed,Denbs
Thomas-Oswestry, Salop/Liverpool
Cole-Cliffe Peppard/Lyneham, Wilts
Frawley-Rathkeale, Co. Limerick
Conway-Coolanoran,Co.Limerick
Dinneen-Ballingarry,Co. Limerick

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.