Author Topic: Denne v Denne 3  (Read 236 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Denne v Denne 3
« on: Sunday 23 April 17 00:52 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me decipher this extract from the top of a record in the Court of Chancery.

So far I can read the following "1637 Michael Denne of Littlebourne in the County of Kent Yeoman ______ his Bill of Complaint in this Most Honorable Court of Chancery against John Denne the father, John Denne, Henry Denne and David Denne sons of ye __ John the father"

I have a feeling that this long document [of which this is just the start] relates to my Denne ancestors in Littlebourne and I would be very grateful for any help in filling in the gaps on this extract.

Any help would be appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denne v Denne 3
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 April 17 01:16 BST (UK) »
Decret(um) int(er) Denne & Denne & al(ios) (= Decree between Denne & Denne & others)
Where before this tyme that is to say in the Tearme of Saint Michaell in the
yeare of our Lord God 1637 Michaell Denne of Littleborne in the County of Kent yeoman
exhi(bi)ted his Bill of Comp(lainte) in this most ho(nora)ble Court of Channcery against John Denne the
Father, John Denne, Henry Denne, & David Denne, sonnes of the s(ai)d John the Father
David Denne the elder Will(ia)m Toomes Richard Playne, John Stone, John Smith, John Lyne ...

(As this is from C 78, it’s going to be the enrolled decree issued at the very end of the case.)