Author Topic: Edward Whitecroft/Wheatcroft  (Read 1697 times)

Offline lorlor53

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Whitecroft/Wheatcroft
« on: Monday 24 April 17 09:35 BST (UK) »
I wonder if someone could please help, i am trying to find the birth registration of Edward Whitecroft the surname also has come out as Edward Wheatcroft. He got married in 1797 to Hannah Barker born in 1772 . They got married at St Alkmunds Church Derby. They had their children in Ockbrook Derby. I can not find a birth record for Edward

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Whitecroft/Wheatcroft
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 April 17 10:42 BST (UK) »
Best I can see is an Edward Wheatcroft baptised 24 May 1771 in Wirksworth, father Edward.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline lorlor53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 April 17 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, i found that one, but he got married to a Mary Gallimore in Wirksworth in 1792 and they had their children in Wirksworth and he died leaving a WILL in 1829 in Wirksworth. But thankyou for looking. That was the only one i could fine as well. The only thing i am thinking perhaps Hannah was his second marriage and therefore could be born a lot earlier say in 1745 or something.

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 April 17 12:43 BST (UK) »
There is also this one

Edward Wheatcroft bapt 18 Sept 1780 to William & Elizabeth at All Saints Derby

Carol

Edit -  Also found this one

Edward Wheatcroft  15 Oct 1780 to William at Crich
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lorlor53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 April 17 17:22 BST (UK) »
They could work, it would mean he is 17 when they get married in 1797 and she would be 24. I am hoping they are going to put Derby Parish records on Ancestry, so hopefully the marriage will say Edward and from where he is from. Thankyou for your help

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 April 17 17:51 BST (UK) »
I checked the Phillimore marriages for St Alkmunds, but no clues

Do you have Edward's and Hannah's death / burial ?

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lorlor53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 24 April 17 20:09 BST (UK) »
From the WILL in 1809 in Ockbrooke of A Edward Wheatcroft, which i feel could well be him, it talks about his children, Edward his eldest and his second son Joseph and his daughters Mary and Hannah and the fact that his wife Hannah is pregnant he also says that she is to remain single and bring up and educate his children. So i gather from  that she is younger than him? So i think his death is 1809 the only other birth i have found for a Edward is 1745 in Breadstall in Derby which would make him 52 when he married Hannah. Now a days it is 10 minutes from Breadstall to Ockbrooke. Which would mean if that is his death in 1809 he would be 64...Thankyou so much for your time...I suppose it would make no difference me trying to order their marriage? i noticed also there marriage appears and registered as well as a Pallot marriage

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

In most of the records the name appears to be Whitecroft, even the Land Tax Redemption 1798 records him as Edward Whitecroft renting from the Heirs of Tennons.

Re the will is it dated 1809 or probated 1809, does it give status ie Husbandman/tenant etc? Was the will probated Lichfield?  Does he sign? If so is it Wheatcroft?
Have you checked to see when the unborn child mentioned was born?

Spendlove

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline lorlor53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 17:58 BST (UK) »
It is dated 1809 it says he is a Yeoman, it wasn't till i saw Joseph's Andrews WILL they i started looking at Wheatcroft, as when he marries Mary her name is down as Mary Whitecroft. But in the WILL of Joseph it is clearly written that his executor is his brother in-law Edward Wheatcroft. Thankyou for looking for me. Edward says a lot of his land is Hopyard Estate in the Parish of Draycott. Yes he does sign it, well puts his mark. There is a death tax duty for 18th April 1809 with Lichfield. I could not find the unborn child as yeet